zoom gn1 vs zoom g1xn

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by den, May 19, 2011.

1. den

den New Member

I am using my brothers old guitar, so i need help to buy processor and stuff..
    my ques:
    1. diff between zoom gn1 and zoom g1xn?
    2. Should i get pedals rather than processors??
    3. my budget is abt 4-6k for this..so suggest me something..

All opinions and options invited..
    and please dont ask me to borrow my brother's gear, he lives in a diff city, i get to see him 2wice in a year!!

p.s. i play rock, hard rock, alternative metal, prog rock, alt rock and grunge ..
    very occasionally i play metalcore..

2. deepsal

deepsal New Member

Your current gear list please!
    and ya buying seperate pedals is always the better choice but it loses to mfx like tc electronics g major 2
    you can get a metal muff in that budget avoid boss pedals

3. den

den New Member

epiphone les paul special II
    cube 30

4. rockingruler

rockingruler New Member

go for it
    zoom g1xn
    i have been using it for a long time ...............

5. JaxyNikil

JaxyNikil New Member

GN1 is the model without Expression Pedal.....the G1XN comes with an Expression Pedal....Expression Pedal is very important while getting a Processor as it controls the entire unit's parameters....without it incase u want to reduce or increase any effect , u will have to stop playing inbetween a song and do it with your hand.....get the G1XN Or save up money and get a Zoom G2.1u / G2.1Nu which is a lot better....
    I am selling my G2.1Nu....Check it out.....

Zoom G2.1Nu ( New Model ) MultiEffects Guitar Processor - Bangalore - Musical Instruments - guitars and prices in india

The price is negotiable ..... I am selling it because I am upgrading to Pod HD

6. harmonizer

harmonizer The Son of the Moon

any video regarding this comparision??