Your sentimental favourites in soccer

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by Gn'rlies, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Gn'rlies

Gn'rlies New Member

quite sensible a comparison here

i think you're right about the different styles of the liga and EPL and even seriA for that matter . It does make a difference . i agree ronaldo was the premier striker of the world before his spate of injuries . But not today . And my dream fwd's would have to have vieri in it . I think he's still underappreciated . i haven't seen him miss too many . especially at the national level . Just like i think totti is overrated . He's good but not grrrreeeeaaaaat . What do you guys think bout vieri ? i think he's one of the best with the head , he's got very good ball control . He's good at running with the ball and he's very very powerful . I guess his goals are not so beautiful cuz he smashes them in but i still consider him one of the best in europe .

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

HOw many of you saw the Skill of Arsenal in the Match against Norwich City.. THats the skill i'm talking abuout.. everyone scores... LOL

3. The Dark Matter

The Dark Matter Imperceptibly unknown

Hey Jay

Someone said u left.

4. FC Barca11

FC Barca11 New Member

He is an efficient player, something I'd expect out of the Germans. Vieri had a pretty good stint with Atletico but at Inter...its hard to say. I don't think the service he gets is any good. His ball control is alright, but he's more power, akin to a battering ram. Adriano I think has more finesse but then again, even he is a big striker. Perhaps with Mancini at the helm, Vieri could see a resurgence in his career and especially Inter. I feel bad for Moratti, he seems like a good guy but Inter have been under-performing beyond belief. I don't know what to say about the Serie A. I think its a wonderful league if you enjoy cacluated moves and intricate strategies. They do have their share of flair players but I prefer the EPL and La Liga.

5. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

here's my team

Goalkeeper : Oliver Kahn
    Defence: RB- Cafu
    CD-Sol Campbll
    CD- Tudor
    LB- Roberto Carlos
    Mids: Zidane , Figo, Ballack, Ronaldinho
    Strikers: Henry, Owen

subs: Bergkamp, Totti, Deco, Viera, Cole

6. metal_fan69

metal_fan69 To Live Is To Die

here's my team

Goalkeeper : Oliver Kahn
    Defence: RB- Cafu
    CD-Sol Campbll
    CD- Tudor
    LB- Roberto Carlos
    Mids: Zidane , Figo, Ballack, Ronaldinho
    Strikers: Henry, Owen

subs: Bergkamp, Totti, Deco, Viera, Cole

Most respected players : Dennis Brgkamp , Alan Shearer and Kahn

God Of Football : Diego Maradona

Fav int.: Argentina

Fav club: Arsenal

:rock: GUNNERS FOREVER :rock:

7. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

goalie - sergei goycochea

defenders - maldini, nesta, baresi, walter samuel

midfield - maradona, linekar, rivaldo, ronaldinho

forwards - canniggia and batistuta

national teams - argentina dn italy in that order.

club = barca and milan in that order