Your Most Inspirational Band and why?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by fictional_real, Dec 9, 2004.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

hey guys,

lets talk abt the bands you like, and the band who was very inspirational for you, so much dat u felt dat u shud pick up guitars and start learning stuff and enjoy the magic of rock!

well, my most inspirational band is not surprising.....

its metallica, yes, my fav. band is slayer...but metallica is where i really started enjoying the music of metal or rock or watever and went more deep for other bands. why its inspirational for me....coz i feel their songs have lot of substance and the music they have created is so unique and appealing, something, which really made me crazy for this kinda music and inspired me enuff to save money and buy a guitars and start rocking! ;)

as they say....black sabbath created metal and metallica perfected it!...now metallica is a different story...i know they suck, but we cannot forget the music they have created.

rock on guys. :rock:

2. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

3. fictional_real

oh, thanx for the info dude.

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Picked up the guitar after watching GNR. I used to draw my inspiration from Metallica, but now Yngwie is my idol.

5. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

@fictional_real: Saying Metallica perfected metal is ridiculous. Metallica do not even come close to perfecting metal. If anyone perfected the wicked metal distortion that Black Sabbath originally created, guitar downtuning and the now staple twin guitar attack , it would have to be Judas Priest with their epic 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' in 1976 and 'Stained Class' 2 years later. (almost 7 years before Metallica put out their first record).

But back on-topic, the band that inspires me the most is Death.

6. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

for me the craze for rock music started with smoke on the water !!
    this was the song that got me intersted and as i heared more and more bands
    judas priest was and still is my inspiration !! PAINKILLER album the best heavy metal album of allll time !!!

7. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

COB, Pantera and DT..

8. aysh

aysh -|h3 ori9in4| (ui!aris-|-

*************s T R I N G S***********

9. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

mandolin u srinivas when i was 9

then Van halen and other hair bands of the 80s skid row motley crue kiss bon jovi
    then discovered older nwobhm bands then was big time metallica fan till the black album then some grunge soundarden pearljam and nirvana for a while and since then totally confused without any interest in newer bands..

but yea mandolin srinivas started it all for me

10. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Jimmi Page and Led Zeppelin initiated my love for music and guitars when I was 10 or 11. Blind Guardian (especially Andre Olbrich) and Iron Maiden have played a big part in infuencing me. Currently, Steve Vai is my biggest motivator.

11. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hmmm....junoon, silk route, led zepplin, eric clapton, lucky ali,,.....

12. jayanth

When i was young, It was Rush, Pink Floyd and Simon Garfunkel..

13. pacificwaters

pacificwaters - .+:| Oriel |:+. -

EUROPE(especially the "superstitious" song), Scorpions, Simon and Garfunkel Steve Vai and Satriani.......

14. Menon

Menon New Member

Heyya..
    Lemme start by sayin that it was Black Sabbath that actually inspired me to listen to other metal bands..but what induced me into poetry was JD Morrisson..and Bob Dylan..and I dunno if I'm permitted to write abt another thread(I think not,but some vague professor told me abt risks and profits)but I rem some1 writing abt Black Sabbath fading out!! I'll tell you what man..after Ozzy, Sabbath went out like a light..pfft!!OK there was a 'resurrection' of sorts when Dio came in..but they DID NOT FADE AWAY!!
    NEhoo...no one perfected metal..who knows what metal sounds like perfect?? Music and art on the whole is something that cannot be perfected man..there's always room for improvement..like humans!!
    CHeerio
    Menon

15. tejas

tejas ..........

I draw inspiration from Megadeth and Tool. Yes, they are totally different, but i like their music a lot. And i would personaly love to sound like either.

16. fictional_real

@death metal fan.....sorry for the late reply.

but i believe which band perfected the metal in rock history depends on ur perspective...

i have heard lot of other bands... but wat i believe is metallica is the one who really showed the substance and deep attitude which metal has....

wat you are saying might be on technical terms...which i am not talking abt.

17. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

hey my inspirational Rock band is
    LED ZEPPELIN
    cuz they were first ones who used the proper Rock instuments for the first time in history
    theycombined modern Drum sequences with Metal Lead and Folk music
    They invented The Modern 4-STRING stell bass guitar
    thats y they were palced at First position By Recording association of USA in Rock music and Overall at second (beatles are at 1st)

Led Zep is the best

18. jayanth

@ Tejas, YOu mean to say you were all about MEgadeth at age 7??

19. tejas

tejas ..........

^No, but i picked up my guitar at 16, so yeah, and that time, i was all about Megadeth.

20. fictional_real

hey guys....by the way, i just wanted to tell ya (if ya dont know) ....dat the band "the doors" never had a bass guitarist in there band....