Yamaha APX500II OR CPX500 II

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by arunkumarsethi, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Sumanovo razor

Sumanovo razor New Member

here you'll get to know about the different sizes of guitars...Guitar Body Sizes

2. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

I didn't mention it because I feel that it's more important to distinguish between a laminated and solid wood top than the woods themselves. Most guitar buyers here don't know what tone they're looking for.

IMO that solid spruce top on the Yamaha is going to be let down by the nato sides back and neck.

3. Sumanovo razor

as your budget increases even laminated top sounds good...gibson j200 is indeed a laminated top guitar...i was just trying to explain him the characteristics of different woods...there are many types of spruce as well as cedar tops...a few days back saw a solid top gb&a guitar ...obviously it dont sound that great when compared to higher range laminated top ...epiphone hummingbird...yamaha fg series has got sitka spruce...which is the cheapest among all spruce tops....just because people want a solid top guitar they have made one...recently saw a micromax handset with android operating system..for 5k...

4. Sumanovo razor

i will definately say...try out some ovations if possible...they have great necks...and the body resonates pretty well

5. Sumanovo razor

michaelmurrayguitar.com/Buying%20a%20Guitar4.htm this might help you out

6. Sumanovo razor

m not telling solid tops are bad .i really like solid tops of yamaha...m just telling that higher end laminate tops are not that bad as the low end ones are...

7. Sumanovo razor

yes ofcourse higher end solid tops would be even better...thats why i mentioned martin, seagull...i agree if you're spending so much money you spend it wisely by going with a solid top guitar...the easiest way to distinguish a solid top and laminate is ask the salesman or else check the grains of the wood...mostly solid tops will be natural in colour ...red cedar is a bit reddish though...nato is not that great wood...may be the proper fit and finish makes it sound so exotic...

8. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Those are exceptions rather than rules. I'm not saying he should buy solid regardless of other specs, just saying that solid is usually better than laminate for the same price. Also my emphasis is on the nato wood in the Yamaha, which is not a known tonewood.

9. arunkumarsethi

arunkumarsethi New Member

According to the infos , links n discussion i can clearly make it out solid top guitars are good guitars, So Walden G730CE would be batter option for me. But here again as i have mentioned, to get a Walden i have to pay 5k in advance and wait for the guitar, that also not here in Bangalore , Is it advisable to do that? Even if i have paid the advance as the Guitar is worth it , What is the guarantee that i will get a good guitar coz i don't have any option rather than paying him and getting what ever he given to me.

Where in other hand as "thehundredthone" said yamaha CPX700II available in bangalore,I can even select among two(they r getting in Black and natural) , and also they r giving good sevice as i have already spoke with few of the customer out side the Thomsun Music house .

What u guys think about it? What will be the wise choice feature rich Walden or Service and availability rich Yamaha ? :0 :0

If i consider ovation then applause CC24 Celebrity is also a cool guitar, but as "thehundredthone" said its good with amp. not that good without it, (i have no plans to buy a amp. for now may be latter). Even if i consider this point where i will get this guitar in Bangalore?
    Today also i have went to SountGlitz mantri mall. This Shop is having nothing what i seek :(

10. arunkumarsethi

Walden G730CE is also available at furtadosonline.com at a price of 29350/-, can't able to bargain, will call Furtados tomorrow. Is it batter than Saptaswara.com?
    How is Epiphone Guitars? I like the PR-5E? how is this guitar i think its also the solid wood guitar. Its cost 25,645/-.

11. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

why are you so keen in spending money on a high end acoustic guitar?

12. Sumanovo razor

epiphones are renowned for their thick neck and high action...atleast try the ovation...i dont think they sound that bad without an amplifier...the volume will be a bit less than as compared to a dreadnought size body or grand auditorium but that doesnt mean it will sound bad...they have great action and slim necks...which are pretty much comfortable...they do have turtle back ...which often have a tendency to slip from your lap but if once you get adjusted to it ...its cool...pr5e has a laminate top and will be much brighter...coz it haq a big round hole...and hence less bass response .on the contrary mahagony body will help to give a bold tone...go with walden or seagull...if you're comfortable with their big body size...if you want to go with yamaha then buy the A series usa.yamaha.com/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-ac-guitars/a-series_guitars/

13. arunkumarsethi

Hi All,
    @ rickkkyrich , actually am saving for it for a long time, and i want to good first guitar. Am not gonna be a professional so probably i will not buy another after this. Thats why I think if its a little higher mid-range Guitar will be fine with me. Max 30k-32k Not more then that. So buddy please help me. What do u think would be a good guitar Yamaha CPX700II or Walden C730CE. Or if u think any other guitar is there ?

@Razor can u please tell me where can i find this ovation guitars in Bangalore. Yamaha A-Series is also look good, is it available in India?(Its not available in Indian yamaha site) And what will be the price?

Thanks
    Arun

14. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

Well i m of no help for you coz i have no experience with acoustic guitars other than the lower range ones...

15. Sumanovo razor

i guess you will find ovation guitars in thomsun...yamaha A series is the most expensive series made by yamaha...trust me go with the walden or seagull...solid top guitars sound better with aging of the woods...laminate top wont...

16. Sumanovo razor

i guess you will find ovation guitars in thomsun...yamaha A series is the most expensive series made by yamaha...trust me go with the walden or seagull...solid top guitars sounds better with aging of the woods...laminate top wont...

17. arunkumarsethi

@Razor I have just talked with Thomsun Musicals they told A-series is not available in India if i want it they can get it but it will take 3 months, as every quarter the companies import products in India.And its will cost me around a Lack . (Import Duty 40% ,Local tax 12%, Dealers Cut 10-12% total of 62-64% more on price). :(

And Thomsun is a Yamaha Showroom they don't keep other brands. I have already visited there.

18. Sumanovo razor

i already told you...well i have another advise for you...if you can spend upto 40-41k you will be able to buy seagull s6 slim...thats a dream guitar for most of the guitar players...

19. arunkumarsethi

@ rickkkyrich , Ok no problem buddy, If u asked for brand and customer service wise then which one u will choose Yamaha or Walden?

20. Sumanovo razor

yes yamaha...its like a bajaj platina with ausumn mileage and less speed...and bajaj pulsar 220 with ausumn speed and low mileage