Yahoo! Messenger 7 Beta

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by rizaaj, May 30, 2005.

1. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Okies.....I'm a regular user of Y! messy..And am waiting for the alpha version..:)

2. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

are there alpha , beta , gamma and all others????

3. nik_bokacheley

:RollLol:..yeah kind of.. everytime a software is out...and is on test mode..they name the versions as alpha,beta,gamma..etc..:rock:

4. FaWaD

FaWaD New Member

Skype is best.. use WinXP with atleast 128MB Ram... it rocks.. i call everyday to Pak.. though their net often giv trouble otherwise its awsome..

THUMBS UP for Skype!!!

5. nik_bokacheley

:eek::...Yahoo 7's FILE TRANSFER sux..:mad:..just like s.h.i.t...I tried sending many files..but each time received an error..:)

6. Radius_Vector

Radius_Vector New Member

Skype is good, but its known to hog on system resources.
    And yes, the yahoo messenger beta file sharing is still in experimental mode.

7. arunrx

arunrx Banned

After upgrading to 7.0, I am not able to add any contact. It always gives an error "Request to add a contact has taken a longer time than expected".

Not sure if this is problem with yahoo or my system.

8. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

Dunno, never happened to me. It gives fair voice quality even on dial-up. Haven't used Skype so I can't compare the 2.

9. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Yahoo 7 sucks.........i prefer the old yahoo.........yeah the yahoo 7 u dnload from yahoo.co.in doesnt have voice..but it does have cool hindi audibles.......but it still sucks.

10. nik_bokacheley

You better contact yahoo admin's... Just go to the HELP>then from somewhere find out a mailing link.. baaas.. mail em'.. They'll reply you back wid the solution..;)

11. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

I got the beta and used it for several weeks.
    kept crashing all the time.
    some nice features and nice cool looks, but I hated that it kept crashing, and poor compatibility with older versions, so I uninstalled and went back to the older version.
    I hope the release is stable and is compatible with older versions (for file transfer etc) cos u can't expect users on dialup in India to upgrade to new version easily.
    (and I wish they had an option were you can download and isntall offline, instead of that stupid installer that downloads from the net, and I wish they'd provide a stripped down version without the explorer bar and lot of unnecessary crap)

12. nik_bokacheley

My offline messages don't show up...:eek::.................:sob::sob:

13. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

ok ok.. friends i am sorry and i appologize for posting this thread.. lolz... :p:

14. nik_bokacheley

:RollLol:...Arrey rizraj we are thankful to you for this thread..:)..Atleast we can complain about the beta version as much as we can out here:)

15. nadish

nadish Active Member

But this service is not currently available in Pakistan :(

16. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

they said new emoticons for the messenger they even had a poll for that ... where are they?

17. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey guys , have you tried out the yahoo buddy spy?
    its cool it says whether anyone of ur list is online but offline and lets u know who he last chat with or chatting with!

18. nik_bokacheley

w0w..i'll have to use spy buddy thenn..:)

19. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

what is spy buddy ? I don't see anything like in yahoo .

20. nik_bokacheley

:)..It is a good addon software.. Just do a google search..:)..Anyway, the process is time consuming.. better not to use such s/w:)