xplain these chords plz!!!

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by whoz_ur_daddy, Jan 16, 2005.

1. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

I am new to this forum and am already enjoying this place. gr8 plaz to hang out.
    I am a total beginr with the guitar and need help.
    as i know it the chords (basic ones like c d g ...) are played on the first few frets. the chord chart which i have show all the chords to be in the first few frets. What i want to know is that what chards do guys play in the mid region or the near end the the fret board. :think:
    secondly do chrods repeat themselves on the fret board?? like the c or d chords are in the first three frets do they come anywhere else on the fretboard :think:
    looking forward to answers to these rather silly questions. :rockon:

2. vivekthakur

vivekthakur New Member

barre chords

hi

u can play any chord in different shapes by "barring" them. i mean use barre chords..they r movable.

vivek

3. tejas

tejas ..........

What ur chord chart shows are Open Chords. They are the basic chords. The same chords can be played in various other positions. If u want a full chord chart then here it is. You should find this very helpful. And knowing all the major, minors and 7ths in atleast 3 positions would do u great (this tip comes from Steve Vai). Anyway, learn them one at a time. And enjoy what ur learning.

Attached Files:

4. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

thank you dudes both of you. man i love this place, yestreday i post a query and today i have soem wonderful answers to them. igt rocks man!!!

5. tejas

tejas ..........

Thats quite alright. And im really happy to see that ur loving IGT already. Have fun here. We are all here to help u out.

6. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

dude for how long have u been round, youv got abt a 1000 post???

7. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

See his title bro,lol:) True IGTian, he's been here since a looong time.

8. d_ist_urb_ed

And dude, yeah, this software should come in very handy for you, use it and tell me if you like it;) I have a feeling you will:)

Attached Files:

9. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

will check it out soon, thanx man,

10. d_ist_urb_ed

Pleasure, just tell me after you've "check"(ed)"it out"

11. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

gr8 software man, already in gr8 demand among my other bgner friends. hey is it true that jayanth is banned from this site????

12. whoz_ur_daddy

whoz_ur_daddy New Member

pardon my constant quizzing, but hey, i am new here and so i am expected to have quieries. what do these points i am accumulating mean, do i get a fender strato if i get 200 point? what say......

13. d_ist_urb_ed

Thanks dude, love helping out beginners and please dont discuss such topics in public forums and NO, you dont get a fender Strat if you get 200 points, LOL, imagine how many i'd get then with the amount of points i have:p: