wtf??....wats wrong wid IGT

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by cYpHeR, Sep 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

recently i managed to uncover sm facts related to screwdriver's poetry....basically she lifted sm poems frm da net and claimed it as if she wrote it herself....

dis is not new...has been happening....esp wid guitar lessons and tabs....happend wid sm guy named terrific in one of da threads in Music forums da top 100 solos one....chik da link to find out https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=11303

wat bugged me da most is i found an article by bobby (yes the mod) which was picked up from an online resource and even he didnt bother to give the copyright info and took all credits to himself....
    this is his thread https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=4621

and dis is da page where da article exists https://www.12bar.de/slide.htm

google a few lines in quotes and find out urself....

now da moral of da story....plz post da copyright info of da original source of info b4 posting it....i guess admins have to clarify copyright related info on this
    EXAMPLE... https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?t=10569&page=2

plz read posts no. 18 and 21

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

well
    i guess there is absolutly not harm in lifting things from web n posting here ...
    BUT THE CREDIT SHOULD BE GIVEN TO THE SOURCE ...

that is important ...

i think NEO has mentioned this somewhere on the site ...

3. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

I dont like taking credits..:)..That's why I am :cool:

4. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I hate it when ppl copy stuff n claim it as their own.... makes me scared 2 post my stuff n makes others suspicious of originals! :mad:

5. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Hey cant belive Bobby would do this ... anyway thats sad .......

Screw !!!!!! what crap way to get popular !!!!!!!! Grow up ........

I wanted to post some Tabs for some request ....but when i read the terms .. I thought of not lifting any ......

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

this has happened earlier with tabs too.
    there was one guy i forgot his id..he had lifted tabs from one guys site who was a member here..lol..
    atleast have some brains to atleast correct the typos man..even that was copy pasted..
    some spellin errors and stuff.
    bah.

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

is duniya mein bahut paap hota hai :p:....

edit---copyright dharmatma

8. nik_bokacheley

nik_bokacheley :help: I'm a mad :sadbye:

Auur iss duniya mein sabhi paapi hai..:p:

9. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

that was nice to credit the orignal author ...

cypher at least u are on the right path ...

10. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

:) :) that was cool :banana:

11. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

i think the www is the wild wild west where everthing is copypasted though as a mod or member we should at least include the source not take all the credits ourselves

12. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

im not against copy-pasting...thats wat everyone does.....wat bugs me is ppl r not giving credits to da original authors....

13. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

yeah exaclty what i said in post #2 ...

hey cypher ... machines think alike ... ofcourse ! :phbbt:

14. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

yea...Great Minds...Think Alike--anon

15. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

https://indianguitartabs.com/showthread.php?p=141528#post141528

oh god save me lol

16. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I don't really contribute much anywhere...so no chance of copy-pasting. I work on tabs if the request comes in and I cannot find the tabs anywhere on the internet...and I doubt I'd want to "copy" recordings which are as crappy as mine.

Also, the only poem I posted in L&P is my own. If you google the words, I doubt you'll come up with a link. The only other place it exists is in an inbox of mine, my hard disk and a self addressed envelope which I sent to myself through the mail.

For the ill-informed, that is the cheapest way of copyrighting your stuff. If anyone gets famous using that poem(a .00007% probability), they are going to get their arse sued.

I normally don't do that but I liked this poem a lot and hope to get it published eventually.

17. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

HEY BOBBY wht r ur views on this ... Lots being spoken without any MODS words !!!!!!

18. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

most of the tutorials posted by me are forwards which were sent to me by my friends and tutors and i just wanted to share with you people , in none of my threads i ve claimed to be owner of the tutorials so that is out of the question - it was just an attempt to share my informations with my fellow IGTians ...

i even dont know most of the sources as my tutor normally surf the net and search out for useful information which can be very helpful for amature guitarist , i am not trying to get any sympathies from anyone by telling all this , i just want to say i am not the owner of the posts , i would had posted the link straight if i would had known but since i got them in my mails i did nt bother to ask my friends also ....

it was a good attempt from their side to give me all the info s and it was just a neat attempt from my side to share it will my fellow people !!! which i dont think is wrong and i care a damn if anyone thinks its wrong !!!

and yeah cypher , you suck big time !!

19. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

y does cypher suck big time?

i dont think screwdriver even once said that to him ... though cypher caught her "poetry" ...

20. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

ok...thanx for da explanation

lol...u made me laugh.....if im tryin to clear doubts i suck big time....dude u mite be one of da senior members here but seriously u suck as a mod.....grow the fuck up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.