wot is an appregio?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by baldeep, Jan 22, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^^
    MUHUHAHAHAHAA!

I will call it B "blues" chord
    :p

without the root

2. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Correction...any combination of 3 or more notes is a chord...2 notes is simply an interval and will be named E/G or whatever.

3. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

wht about A5 or D5 ...... t6he power chords or the semi chods .. like the way dave mustaine pulls in Hangar 18 .........

4. abhijitnath

The power chord isn't really a chord technically,you won't find it it any theory book. It is called so as a shortcut because it is used so often in rock music. Ask a violin player or pianist to play A5 and they won't know what it is. Alternatively you can think of it as a major or minor chord with no third.

Ronnies chord: E9 with added F (no 3rd, no 5th):). It sounds stupid I know

5. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

They are all called Crap Chords. Poora Chord Bajaane ko Aukaath nahi saala...

6. abhijitnath

Whatay awesome Hindi Ronnie:)

7. ronnieanand

Ask a Violin player to C Major. He still can't play it :p: . Violin is a Monophonic Instrument :p: :beer:

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Two or Three voilin players can ;p

9. abhijitnath

No it's not. Western classical players have a curved bow as opposed to the Carnatic style straight bows and they can play chords. They can and do play chords (though obviously they are limited to 4-note chords).

10. ronnieanand

I dont think so. I have seen Western Classical Violins and there's not much difference in them except that they have a scratch plate kind of thing for holding it with your chin. Infact Best Violins are always imported ones which have those scratch plate thingy removed. In Europe they dont separately manufactur carnatic instruments. I used to play Violin a few years back and never came across anything like this.

11. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

so u never use power chords !

12. abhijitnath

I didn't say the violin is different. I said the bow is different. See what prevents you from playing a chord on a violin? The fact that the fingerboard is curved and the bow is straight so you can't touch two strings at the same time, right? With a curved bow you can..and that's what Western violin bows are like. I've done a version of Metallica's 'One' with a violinist friend of mine and he could play all the chords correctly. Also listen to Apocalyptica..they're playing chords quite clearly on their cellos.

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Voilin players usually play only intervals.
    nothing more I have heard.

Only pianists and guitarist play chords individually.

14. abhijitnath

15. ronnieanand

I have always told you I play crap. Crap playings comes from using Crap Chords too :)

16. baldeep

baldeep New Member

if somebody wanted to kno how guitar can be trtansformed into a violin.......here's the place!!!!:p:
    poor old arpeggio(i got the spelling right!!!!!!!!):grin:

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

I'd prefer calling it an Fmajor7thflat9th (no 3rd, no 5th)

yeah, badass...I know:eek::

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Oye temme the name of this one (it is used quite often)

b--9
    g--7
    D--8
    A--7

some 7th +9th?

19. ronnieanand

That's A#7add11. If you also add a C Note to it, then it becomes A#11. The 5th is omitted here but the 3rd is retained to keep the major flavour prominent. Leaving the note on the A string is a common 7th chord played by a lot of Blues Guitarists. SRV uses a similar E7 in Mary Had A Little Lamb.

20. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

ooops

Actually I meant to ask this:

b--8
    g--7
    D--6
    A--7

:eek::