Windows XP Myths

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by alpha1, Aug 1, 2006.

1. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

https://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/XPMyths.html

Myth - "Windows XP requires a high end PC to install and run"

Reality - "Windows XP can be installed on surprisingly low system requirements contrary to popular opinion. With the average life cycle of a regular PC being roughly 4-6 years, just about any PC being used today can run Windows XP. The following requirements are Microsoft's "official" minimum system requirements which I have tested to work fine with the exception of only 64 MB of RAM (performance is poor). Increasing your RAM to 128 MB would be the only upgrade I would strongly consider as my absolute minimum Windows XP system requirements." - Source

233 MHz CPU (300 MHz Recommended) *
    128 MB Recommended (64 MB of RAM minimum supported, may limit performance and some features) *
    1.5 GB of available hard disk space *
    Super VGA (800 x 600) or higher-resolution video adapter and monitor
    CD-ROM or DVD drive
    Keyboard and Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device

* Actual requirements will vary based on your system configuration and the applications and features you choose to install. Additional available hard disk space may be required if you are installing over a network.

Notes - Again 128 MB of RAM is recommended as the minimum since below that disables some features and performance. Anyone who claims Windows XP will not work with these settings has never actually installed Windows XP on this hardware. Older systems generally benefit from faster harddrive performance (5400 RPM to 7200 RPM, 40 conductor IDE cables to 80 conductor ect...) and faster Internet Connections (Dial-up to Broadband) before upgrading the RAM and so forth. The most common complaints are loading times and Internet Performance. Windows XP will work fine for basic Office, Email and Internet use. Many do not realize how low Office 2000 or Office XP's System Requirements are either. These are the minimum requirements for Windows XP NOT any third party software you choose to use. The system requirements for any third party software must be met to use that software properly.

2. g0g0l

g0g0l ! SpAm

Very good info dude!! I am suprised to see that no one else commented!! Keep up d good work!

3. rockbabun

rockbabun New Member

NICE!! GUD INFO!! will help me a lot! :beer:

4. cronix

cronix New Member

wont help me a bit.... but good info