Why

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by ultrabot90, Sep 25, 2010.

1. flood

flood New Member

your fail is great. a facepalm of this magnitude would rip a head off.

2. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

everythin bout me is great... so is phail.. :D
    i deserve another facepalm.. of a much greater magnitude..

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

B69 is a simple enough concept that can be replicated anywhere. All that's required is some kind of a local scene. I guess it works in Bombay since we really don't have a cheap venue any more. Sine Razz died, B69 has probably held more gigs than all the other replacements / me-toos (i'm looking at you Marine Center, Zenzi Mills, Hangar 3, Rock Bottom, Henry Thams, etc) that were about the bands, instead of "yeh lijiye aapke tandoori chicken ke saath thoda sa metal".

Anyhoo, kudos to Ashu and gang for doing this. Rent a place, ensure ventilation, a good sound system, and lease it out to bands or local promoters. Get a band that draws in crowd, and what do you know, gig!

4. flood

flood New Member

zenzi mills is a terrible live venue IMO. nasty acoustics and weird cancellations around the middle of the bar. great for a DJ set, but nothing that involves live instruments and a PA in that same room. and henry thams had concerts? didn't know that.

5. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah, i remember watching Half Step Down squeezed in to a smaller than NJJBTB stage at Henry Thams, where the food and chatter took over the music within the first three to four tracks. HSD's lackluster performance that night might have been reason as well.

Fvck. Haven't gone for a GOOD gig in a LONG time. It's October. When the FVCK will I-Rock XXV happen? To think that none of the big fests are coming down our way, (Prodigy @ Invasion, Enslaved @ GIR) is ridiculous. The government may charge more, but Mumbai also gives you more people who're willing to cough up a premium - there's a brilliant mix of scenesters, me-toos, and "wanna be seen here" people who'll ensure a decent turnout.

Friday morning rants. Love 'em. Let's all sing along to Blaze on Maiden's 2 AM.