Why the fcuk we write poems ?

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by ~Bish, May 21, 2007.

1. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

Hi All,

Was just wondering why we write poems.. and wanted to know why u guyz write poems.. is it the eruption of frustration.. is it the convergence of rational and irrational thoughts.. is it the confusion which driven by the sub-concious mind.. is it the urge to bring the illusion in ur mind by putting it words..

why why why the fcuk we write poems...??

~Bish.

2. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

I dont think it's a "Why the fuck" question really, but anyway the reason I used to write is that it was kinda therapeutic for me + it was a way of unleashing my creativity.

I usually do different creative things from time to time, a particular activity always dominates for a particular period though. It used to be poetry till last year. At times it's sketching, at times it's doing stuff to my clothes- kinda like a fashion designing thing, etc.

3. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

well said cryptu.. i agree wid u.. the keyword is "creativity"...

lets c what others have to say..

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

It appreciates the other *** and zionism in general.

5. rocker_vish

rocker_vish New Member

well mate...i think its "creativity" + "emotions" + humour + "observation"......................includes all kinda poems.....!!!!

6. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

The "fuck" in the question is really annoying me coz it makes it sound as if poetry is a bad thing which you can't stop doing, like being addicted to dangerous drugs.

I feel so lame.

7. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

For the same reason we write a song or play an instrument.

The girls, duh.

8. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

hahahahahaa

[​IMG]

anshphenomenon likes this.
  9. rocker_vish

rocker_vish New Member

@cryptic angel

LOLAAAA

10. i'm_not_neo

i'm_not_neo el valor máximo absoluto

Why the fcuk do you care?

Sounds arrogant doesn't it.Well,so does your question...though I know you meant it in a good sense:p:
    It's a good way to express yourself.Other than that,I get struck by impulsive ideas and I just get restless until I make a poem on it,no matter how bad it is.This can be really weird at times..:insane:
    Plus it's really good to look at your own creations (in any art)...its like giving birth..
    Okay,now I gotten to theatrically artistic,so I'll stop.

But I am going to quit poetry soon enough.

11. monica_decosta

monica_decosta Active Member

whts ur problem ...sarcastic always everywhere ???...anyways none of my buisness..lol

i think ppl write poems specially when they want to put out a feeling which is difficult to express in other forms...and most find a release...may be most ppl choose such forums where theirs no one watching !

12. ~Bish

~Bish The Illusionist

well said monica..

i agree wid u.. cryptu is like dat only.. but she is honest in watever she says thats wat attracts me.. ;)

13. CrYpTiC_angel

CrYpTiC_angel Rebelle!

Spot on.