why rock?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by ambush, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Why do we listen to rock n roll,is it simply to make us feel superior
    Or is there somthing more profound about rock, that it is more than just entertainment
    I mean people are entertained listening to pop and boy band
    is rock just about entertainment

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

So why u hear music?
    Check this...

Everyone's got a different outtake on Music... so like, why the **** should u try and change vierws or some crap like that...
    I listen to Rock & Roll jus cuz I like the style of music.
    Don't u?

3. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

:sigh: Thread moved to Music Talk.

4. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

Ambush
    music is what people like, let me tell you one thing, the people who listen to POP also wanna sound HEP. Those buggers wouldnt have heard of rock thats it. You think all the clowns who like POP and TRANCE understand it. Those are the guys who are trodding into international music. And the POP sh1t is what they get to see on MTV and V. So they think thats hep and speak and follow it.
    The POP crowd do that more than the rock crowd, ROCK is more appeleaning to people who who search for meaning in life and everything. POP is for those jokers who want to speak just about ashwaria, or salman kan. They dont know reality and dont want to accept it and are too.... dumb to know anything more than gossip and love and other girly stuffs.
    The POP crowdlisten to it to impress people i mean the opposite ***.
    In rock it hardly that way, more than music it a way of life

5. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

i listen to pop,rock,metal,blues,jazz,funk,rnb,classical,country.
    and now ive started gettin into some electronica,hip hop.

agreed that most pop music is crap...u wont see me tripping on abhijeet sawants latest crap song...but u might see me tripping on tere bin by rabbi.

6. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

i agree! :rockon: :rock:

7. nikamma1112

nikamma1112 New Member

Rock rules but ... umm, I won't say pop is all-crap. 80's pop was pretty nice in my opinion. It's only recently that the quality has diminished because of everything being synthesized and people believing that technology can cover up for lack of creativity.

It's only hip-hop which I'm totally against. I believe it's the most unimaginative form of music.

- Raj.

8. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

some pop was good.
    MJs beat it ,black or white ..give in to me were good..thanxs to the cool guitaring by EVH and Slash..
    but the current music scene is crap..pop, boy bands girlbands suck

9. Nanda

Nanda Bassist

ya nikamma1112 I agree POP was better those days. Bands like A - HA, and many others were good. But even then Rock was better, it had more depth. POP concentrated more on happy, happy sort of stuffs and at times they came out with good stuff. But Rock was other way round.
    But the topic was do people listen to rock to show they are hep. I say its not so with Rockers but more so with POP fans.

10. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

hey!!!
    early pop, pop rock, classic rock, blues ruled!!!htere nothing to argue upon that.its this new age pop music that brought an insane change in its genre.does anyone see these days how pop stars are selected, by their talent<forget that>nut they selct them by their whispery voice.it wasnt entirly like that the early days.so its totally agreeable that these days pop suck!

11. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

what r u on?
    u sound like a schoolgirl on ecstacy

12. Srirangan

Srirangan The Song Remains the Same

When all is one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.....

13. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

@rocking _ devil...hmm,.what do u think of death metal...hehehe :):)

ohh yeah..i listen to rock cuz i like it.

14. aleric

aleric New Member

RoCk is not just about entertainment dude. For me it is a way of life :rockon:

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I don't restrict myself to any kind of music...Pt. RaviShankar to Cannibal Corpse love'em all:)......and oh yeah...i did have the "rock is superior" complex when i was 16 ....but i'm glad i've grown out of it:)

16. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

death metal aint my cup of tea metal messiah.

17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^ that seems obvious...u a britney fan ..(oops,i didnt do anything this time) :):)

18. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

very funny, very funny indeed.it would take long to change ur title.anywayz after i didnt have to waste my 200 points changing deth metal fan when i knew a de ranged fool like u would do that 4 me.

19. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Hehe!! Dude, if i was a britney fan i wouldnt be in this thread, so what are you doing here?:grin: C'mon dude, you actually like her?

20. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

What's wrong with Britney Spears? I think her music is hardcore and completely satanic. She seems so angry in her songs. The lyrics are bloody inspired and the music is so technically brilliant. Yay!