Why - My 1st song

Discussion in 'Poetry and Lyrics Forum' started by geniusoid, Oct 27, 2006.

1. geniusoid

geniusoid Acoustic Alchemist

@ sugata & garima - thanks ppl!
    @ Garima - thanks for the repz... also, do try to hear the song - coz i never sounded anythin close to decent after tht [:p]

Recorded in around 2002-03 i think

2. monica_decosta

monica_decosta Active Member

wow what a poem...hi geniusoid ..

3. geniusoid

Thanks Monica.... was a kid when i wrote this :))

Ok lemme take this opportunity to talk abt wht I had in my mind when I wrote this:

The song is about a teenager who's just trying to cope up with his multifaceted life - on one side where he still has no answers to simple things in Nature around him (like why the sun rises frm the east, where birds go in the nite, etc.), at the same time, he is troubled by something which he has got himself into by his own free will, something thts equally puzzling and bothering him - the pain of love, lost love and the linked misery in life experienced by being betrayed or left out by someone special...

Please note tht I was neither in any broken relationship nor was I anything that the song talks abt! Its just tht i tend to write sad stuph all the time [:p]

-sOid

4. jozko

jozko Banned

oidevoidude, i will tomorrow PM u with songs i got :)

Interesting story^
    I was reminded https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/akon/ghetto.html song by Akon the very first time i went through your poem. Interesting how music can give life to wordings that i otherwise read as a poem line by line, and feels dull.

I like tke Akon song a lot. The prayer things and quicksand comes in ur one and akon one

5. geniusoid

no gunshots, coke and weed on my song mannn!!! I`m a squeaky clean guy! [:p]

6. monica_decosta

monica_decosta Active Member

i love kiddish ways :)

7. jozko

jozko Banned

I think Akon was once in prison and wrote about his teenage ghetto life. So words are likely to have more life. He made song and became popular. You r peaceful guy ofcourse. And as u said your song is not from real exp like broken relationships etc.

I was talkin of Akon music when i said 'adding life to wordings'. Yours song started good too. Do listen to Akon, vid in my youtube favs. I've also tracked Strunz Farah vid of some Sierra Center Stage?? WIll come up with details soon, rgds

8. geniusoid

jozko! find the vid of Amazonas man and i`ll rep u for life!

9. jozko

jozko Banned

^ man I am ur fan, anything for u. I don't need reps. I'm rather a retriever dog. U keep throwing.
    btw leave me ur mail id or create one, i'll push the audios. tomorrow morn

Here i go after Amazona's bone :p

10. jolt

jolt New Member

simply amazing!!!!! u sing so well!!!!