Why dont we use these notations instead of tabs?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by hobner_rocks, Aug 1, 2005.

1. hobner_rocks

hobner_rocks New Member

Hi !
    I feel tabbing takes quite some time. We may also use notations like -->

Bm 3/4 3/4 -> 3/6 -> 3/4 3/3 3/4 ; 2/2 2/3 2/5 2/7 2/7 -> 2/8 -> 2/7 2/5 2/7

I'ts the start of 'Hotel California'.. Strum Bm and pluck 3rd string , 4th fret and so on ...-> means slide . Representing hammer and bends would be a bit difficult this way, though. I also find this easier to understand.

2. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

this tabbing will work only for elimentary tabs and songs ...
    if u have variation across the strings ? ... then this would become PITA ...
    and anyway we have lotsa "chords" which donot have any name associated to them ... anyway even if we had then ppl wont recognise 'em ...

anywayt the normal tabs we use is very good for visualising what is going on ...

3. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

this will take too much time to read, tabs are popular coz they can be read instantly, they are a pictorial representation of ur fret board.......
    and this is in the wrong forum, this will be moved

4. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

ugh.... that is quite an ugly notation - its neither useful nor easy to read.. by useful i mean sheet music - u do not need to have heard the music before to play sheet music... u can read the timings right off it - and analyse the compsition based on the pattersn u see really easily

tabs - so easy to read... i mean most ppl can spot read tabs at decent speeds

ur notaiton- quite useless - sorry no offence - but its quite useless

5. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

hey hobner bhai,
    r u frm jaipur??