Why do Indian Band never made to big scene??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by urban_slacker, Sep 1, 2006.

1. urban_slacker

urban_slacker New Member

I have been in rock for quite a gud time now and i have listened to many gud bands like parikrama, PDV, orange street, Xero (xband), etc.. many of them hav expressive and impressive skills in what they play guitar, bass, drums, dholki, etc... but still they are not going in any direction... I wonder is it bcoz racism for indians in U.S. and U.K. or is it coz we aren't able to match the accents (vocals) of alein countries????

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

3. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

Skills does not equal being good.

I don't care if someone can shred or play 20000 notes per micro second if there's no feel to the music.

4. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Because they suck. (IMO) (brief answer, if you want a longer one, just search for these topics)

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

coz no one buys their albums.....every1's busy listning to himesh reshamiya........plus they dun get as much tv time as him

6. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

whos"everyone" for himesh? i would prefer asha bosle instead !
    i dun think there are any good record co looking upon us ..or do they even have any idea good talents xists in india or do they also know that india exists?

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

They all want to do english rock no one touches hindi rock, so no scope.

8. erutu

erutu terminally awesome

^Err... Euphoria? They suck

9. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

I would blame the crowd here who want more and more covers.

10. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

So what is your measure of success/going in some direction/making it big ?

11. Ibanezed

Ibanezed New Member

@wizzy - i think that scenario is becoming old now ..

12. urban_slacker

urban_slacker New Member

alpha man....i think record co shoul invest in bands at locals.... as Xero was given by mumbais som record label.... people want quality not ***y guitars, drums, etc... i guess indian bands rn't serious enough for rock....

13. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

There are no 'really' good Indian bands. Zero came close but not quite.

Even consider heavy metal bands like Devoid, Demonic Resurrection or PDV. None of them make 'good' music. There are a lot of good heavy metal bands out there today and none of their Indian counterparts can compare.

It all comes down to the quality of the music regardless of what genre or what audience it caters to.