Why did Kurt Cobain , Nirvana's lead commit suicide ?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by Seelan, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

Why did Kurt Cobain suicide? I was reading from the net that he shot himself with a shot gun ... but none of the site put the reason for him to do so .. some of my friends said he was high on drugs , but still , what was the reason for him to actually shoot himself after taking his drugs?

2. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

He was a coward and a dumbass, thats why.

3. tejas

tejas ..........

Word. :beer:

4. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

He probably heard himself sing finally and realised that not a single word he "sang" made sense.

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

all above replies are just assumptions.here the original suicide note written by kurt before he committed suicdde::::::

To Boddah,

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complainee, this note should be pretty easy to understand.

All the warnings from the punk rock 101 over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, ethics involved with independance and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to, as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words for these things.

For example, when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowd begins, it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie mercury, who seemed to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I could think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do, God, believe me I do, but it's not enough.) I appreciate the fact that I and we have entertained a lot of people. I must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasms I once had as a child.

On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally, and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us, and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too ****ing sad. The sad little sensitive, unappreciative, pisces, Jesus man. Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know!

I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what I used to be, full of love and joy, kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive death-rocker that I have become.

I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along that have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess.

Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic moody baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, Love, Empathy.
    Kurt Cobain
    Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your alter.
    Please keep going Courtney, for Frances, for her life which will be so much happier without me.

I LOVE YOU, I LOVE YOU!

6. Seelan

his songs didn't make sense? heh , you guys are nuts .. his music is so damn freaking cool.. and his songs are real hitz .. compare Nirvana to the rest now , nirvana would be one of the top 4 ... and they are freakin unique ...

7. Seelan

i don't understand his note at all .. his english seems way too high for me .. so what was the reason he did that? cause he didn't like music? lol...

8. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

i've heard....that kurt bhai was really really really high on dope level....he had enough dope in him when he died that wouldnt have let him even think bout touching the gun..........
    there was something wrong about the gun also... i dont remeber what...

and yeah his music ROCKS!!!!!!!!!....long live brother kurt...

9. akkyy21

akkyy21 #%@!$&

10. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

see the movie "LAST DAYS " .its made on last days of Kurt cobaine....

his girlfriend left him ..so he comitted suicide

11. greenday

greenday New Member

who gives a **** man, his music was just simply great, and i heart kurt cobain, true rocker. wish he'd have lived. *tear

12. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

u heart kurt cobain?!! guys we have new kurt kobain lover here.

13. guns_n_gore

guns_n_gore hell raiser

becuse unlike us he was not a fan of guns n rose,slayer,metallica or led zepp
    he was a fan of cocaine.so he he he he h ehe ehe he ehe he ehe eh ehe ehe eh ehe ehe he ehe ehe :eek:: :eek:: :eek:: :eek:: he died

which neans he was not able count his money he made,.
    "it is better 2 burn away than make make IGTians realize that im good rockstar""""

"RIP kurt" sadly im one of ur fans
    i smell ash :beer:

14. westarend

westarend New Member

hey guys,
    acctually, due to is coccaine addiction, he had developed a stomach cancer ( dunno the medic term). it seems it used to trouble him a lot. so, he wanted to end the pain once and for all........so wat better way than to end life to end pain. well, he must hav felt **** load of pain but i seriously cant spot the "gain" factor. ( u know tat saying "no pain, no gain).

15. westarend

westarend New Member

all the thing of he trying to prove something of being a gr8 rock star is a load of bull. he mite hav been a crazy maniac on stage, but tat cant be a reason for him to end his own life. long live kurt "cocaine" cobain.

16. westarend

westarend New Member

"Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for.........." this is an extract frm kurt's suicide note. maybe , this mite switch on a bulb.....eh? tat he had stomach cancer

17. arunrx

arunrx Banned

As told by westarend, may be he had some problem causing severe pain. He planned to suicide, but didn't get the courage to do it. So he went high with drugs and did it.

18. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

it is said that..
    kurt was too high on drugs those days
    that he cldnt have possibily killed himself....
    also said that in his suicide note the last words "i love u i love u"
    do not match...with his original writing...still speculating about it.
    but above all else he was a gr8 rockstar!!!

19. westarend

westarend New Member

acctually, people ( fans acctually) thought tat kurt mite hav been murdered, but ( i saw a video of a investigator investigating kurt's death) all the evidences pointed against a homicide. therefore, the default conclusion was tat he had committed suicide. so,..........

20. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff: