why did AADAT create history?

Discussion in 'Pakistani Guitar Tabs - Submit or Request' started by ak&guitar, Nov 12, 2005.

1. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

i know this song has been disscused so many times that by now u must be sick of it.

but this is a bit different. admit it or not.

AADAt is one of the biggest hits in pakistani music.

IT is till date the most downloaded pakistani song ever.

now what i m asking u is, what do u think is the reason behind the songs unpresedented success :think: ....??

THe COMposition

the vocals

the lyrics

NOthing , it just clicked out of luck.

Everything about it.

2. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

wellll the lyrics , the vocals, and guitar was goood.............its was a different sng produce in pak music industry i think.........

3. jekyll

jekyll Banned

pure luck ...

4. khuram82

khuram82 ......:mad:........

nah i would say ............it was jus the Voice and the Alaaps!!

5. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

I read an article once about the song, and how it attained the level of success that it did. Imagine that - a WHOLE article written on one song. I'll try searching for it and post it here.

6. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

how...

@ak... its was a combination of everythign... the music is simple but sounds great.. atif's voice offcourse... the composition... the vdo.. everything..

if we listen the song.. then.. u can say that.. a word used in the song is not repeated.. except the one "ab to aadat si hai mujhko.."

rest nothing is repeated..

7. sam_guitar

sam_guitar New Member

Everything .. its Amazing Song ever created in pakistan .. and ATif voice .. Alaaps .. guitar... and lyrics and .. one thing ... Ajj tuk Addat ke name se koi gana nahi bana ..... .amazing na ... kisi ne soocha bhi nahi tha Ab to adat si hai muj ko aesay jeenay mian ... yai bhi gana ho sakta hai .... you know ... its wonderfull .. even india itni bari music industry Wahan per bhi kabhi Yai ganay line use nahi hoee .. Wonderfull na ... Addat word hi use nahi howa .. what do you say about it
    All credits goes to Goher mumtaz and Atif .. just for his voice

8. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

God's work...jisay ALLAH chehey izat deyta hai jisay chahey zilat...that's what i have to say abt it...

9. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

i second J.J!!! also the lyrics were simple, and everyone can relate to it ;) so thats what makes it so touchy..

10. Bleeding Guitar

Bleeding Guitar New Member

i dun like Atif aslam's voice or Gohars band
    cuz they both are silly artists no creativity at all .. As jekyH said pure luck .. i totally agreed to it plus its God who do it all for us .. anywayz back to my point ..
    Ask any pro musician about Atif aslam and Jal .. they say the same thing .. actually thry have only one song :) doesn't matter if the lyricvs are change if u play there songs one will notice he/she is playing the same thing again n again only the lyrics are change lol that sp funny ... 12 songs in totall with same theme of music haha guyz anyone can do the writing part .. now adayz i know pakistani pop industry is at the top and am sitting here in canada but still very proud of it .. but still the thing i know is now adayz people are going for music not lyrics .. chk out CALL ... EP ... Over Drive .. and many more they are th most popular songs played in canada and us just cuz of its music .. the rest is up to people ..

Oh by the way .. am crazy abt this Addat song:)

11. larsan

larsan K-Dash

Well i think.....Aadat is Gud for u ppl...but personally i never liked it that much as u people liked it i used to change up the channel when this song came and got sucess i never liked that much.......no doubt i appericiate there work...but these songs can't compete Junoon's or Vital sign songs...there one guitar solo will completes the whole album of Aadat as they play wid such style......the songs created by them still give a songs a life....which these ppl couldn't give...no doubt i m their fan too but to be fair Farhan or Atif doesn't have the voice of junaid jamsehd Gohar at the moment can't get Salman type of guitaring nor Shazi can get thes bass of Brayan....i think these are the best x-ports of pakistan...and every one are still their fan.....and still people wish that junoon and junaid shld come back...plzz dun take me negative....over all no doubt as a begniner in the field they are gud....but itz just begning...they must hit there albums and junaid jamshed or junoon did:)....rest all uo to u ppl:):)

12. m_waleed86

m_waleed86 KhaMosh GhuStAk

I agree with most pf the ppl here........ Atif's high pitched voice and the alaaps....i specially liked the intro bass pattern.....

13. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

THere r many underground bands strugglin to get their names up the board .. though jal never had to work so hard to get da success.. itz pure luck .... coz it alaaps n voice quality n melodic chords were touchin.. u cant compare there music wid the masters like Ep,Junoon etc etc .. so i guess singin is da only thing for there success.. Farhan n Atif rocks !!!

14. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

wrong forum

that should b in the music talk forum...

15. shak

shak Harrr!

i think aadat had what everyone other pakistani pop head would like .. catchy tune, easy to learn lyrics, a touch of mournfull AAAAAAs ... and a simple, easy to understand guitar solo and chords ... oh yeah ... and clean too :)

16. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

hmm...it is the coordination of the vocals n the music including the alaaps tht sets AADAT apart from others!!

.:SpY_GaMe:. likes this.
  17. Aka Oz

Aka Oz /\K/\ - Ozy

was a fluek.......

18. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

I'm not sure if this is the same article I read, but it answers the thread title.

In Urdu jargon, Jal refers to 'water' and "Aadat", the first studio-trip of the band, is nothing short of living up to watering your eyes with its out-of-this-world richness of passions, whirls of emotions and viscosity of sensations. "Aadat" is a journey through a despondent mind and a sad body. It's all about our peripheral self indulgent affinities. It is a dip into the oasis of a bleak wasteland where all hope rests on that fresh drink of water to sustain life. Even with such a theme, the song radiates the resolution to transform melancholy into life's tale and not its tradition; a resolve to surface after drowning; to soar even higher despite the fall; a spirit to go on in the face of whatever is hurled one's way. It carries the message of forgetting one's sorrows and fears, and getting on with life.

The sense of thoughtfulness behind every word articulated by Atif is reflected by the duly measured guitar frets of Goher Mumtaz. Flirting regularly with alaaps and riffs, Jal is the "wonder band" from Lahore. The lyrics and composition for "Aadat" sprung from Goher's musical genius and the studio version of the song was recorded in the studios of Mekaal Hasan.

If Atif's unpretentious voice is touching with a capital T, then Goher's skill on the guitar is undoubtedly an issue of score as well. Goher's expert chords serve as an appropriate backdrop to Atif's singular voice. The way the instrumentation and vocals gel into one another makes the beautiful harmony an extravagant treat for the bitter, wounded hearts. The concoction of energy exuded by the song decidedly carries the aroma of youth. In more ways than one, "Aadat" is the product of the past reflections and ruminations of the band members. The best thing about the song, however, is the amazing way in which every individual, who listens to it, connects with Jal and shares the magic of Goher's creation. Every listener is distinctly able to identify with the lyrics from the song because of the song's ability to whip up a twister of emotions.

19. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

hmm... ^^ nice info... (copy pastin) :p

20. ak&guitar

ak&guitar THE INNER VOICE

the song crated history due to various reasons................a diferent view would be............

AAdat is just an ordinary song made extrordinay by four individuals, namely-

Mekaal hassan,gohar mumtas, salman albert and Atif aslam.

the strong points of the song: SImple to understan and play.
    - THE aaaalaaaaps, and the VOICe which stands out for
    being unique ,unheard and POwerFULL.
    - THE amazing and simple Bass played by MEkaal hassan.
    - FAntastic STUDIO work which makes aatif 's singin great.
    (its acutally not that good,trust me. the VOice is,the
    singin isnt)

it did well because of the factors above , luck and gods grace offcourse. IT came at just the right time . IF u listen to the song carefully the lyrics have nothing special , the compostion is good but with ZEro innovations, it carries on on the same line of progression throughout the whole song. nothing changes except that it gets heavier towords the end where the same chords are played on an electric guitar insted od an acoustic.

I dont know wheather its atifs creativity or gohars genius that he or atif himself has managed to take different aaalaaps on the same chord pattern.

IN all an ok song, with a unique touch of innocence as both the main artists wer new , they had the fire and passion because it was their very first shot at gettin famous and reachin where they wanted to be.

AND who can forget the contreversy after and during the break up of THE original JAL. that made it evern bigger than it should have been.

and by the way ppl , JAL means water IN PURE HINdi i.e shudh hindi ......not in urdu.:rock: