why are nirvana so overrated

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by sanat_satan, Mar 4, 2005.

1. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Nirvana sucks, Alice In Chains owns.

2. devilguitar

devilguitar New Member

Dude ! Beatles aren't overrated. They have what they deserve. Nirvana surely is a litlle bit overrated. Nirvana isn't that bad, after you listen to the songs like Smells Like Teen Spirit, Come As You Are and Rape Me.

NEver mind is a good album. Yes the fact is true that Nirvana wasn't that gr8.Except for the fact that Kurt Cobain......u know :nw:

3. Mr. Scary

heard em, nothing special.

4. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Hey Scary,
    Heard them and nothing special is a very personal statement. Not everything appeals to everyone. One of my friends swears by Steve Vai and I told him that Steve Vai is musically a zero. Nothing appeals to me. Some wierd whammy noises dont make a music. That's how I looked at it. I am not offending anyone. I love Clapton and the same friend says Clapton is crap because he plays slow. This topic can be taken for next 200 centuries without any conclusion.

5. Mr. Scary

true. Then again i thought the board got used to be random ramblings.

6. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

no offence, but maybe you would like to know more about steve vai and his "musical" abilities to understand the music. I think him to be the best out there because he can really print out his mind on his music which turns out to be as complex as it should be and as we hear it. nobody else could play the way he did (and i'm not even talking about the technical aspects of his playing..but the so frank musical expression). just chk out some of his stuff...and actually the ones you'd think are 'musically zero'.

7. ronnieanand

Hey 6 string. No offense meant. It all depends on how much you can relate to a music irrespective of how the artist relates to it. That's the reason for so many genre and so many debates. I have around 6 albums played by Steve Vai which I have listened a lot. It's just I couldn't relate to it. There's no reason why somebody else cannot relate to it. Likewise I also told you, my friend says Eric Clapton is crap. To me Clapton is god and I can relate myself so much to it.

8. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

thats exactly what i am saying...but see, you said "Steve Vai is musically a zero"...

9. ronnieanand

I am not declaring Steve Vai as a musical zero. I said I feel that he is musically zero. I still stand by what I said 'cos that's what I feel. I just cannot call it music the wierd things he does.

10. GREENDAYGIRL

GREENDAYGIRL Banned

what is nirvana anyway?

11. GREENDAYGIRL

GREENDAYGIRL Banned

No way!!!!!!GREENDAY ROCKS Mr. wierdo!

12. hv23

hv23 New Member

uh Nirvana really didnt have much technical ability... they weren't bad, but not great. Theiur lyrics were not very poetic, pretty basic to be honest. Yeah they were personal, but still u listen to it twice and u will know what he is talkin abt...if u read up on kurt's bio... I still like them, i used to be crazy abt them, but there are much better musicians out there.

13. zing

zing Machine Head

if kurt hadnt shot himself they wud hav sunk w/o a trace - nuthin sells like suicidal singers apparently

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Its better to burn out than to fade away..

15. Les Carlo

Les Carlo New Member

How can anyone compare GNR to NIRVANA? Grunge VS Rock
    That's stupid. Leave them alone in their own boats.
    If Kurt wouldn't have come into this world, we would have still found men with wigs apart from real hair, tight pants and stupid guitar solo's where one's trying to compete with another as to who's better.
    Well, who the hell wants to know how fast can you play?
    Well if you can have an attitude with slow music, you are definetly ON my friend and that's what kurt's all about.
    Until he came no one apart from Jazz Musicians were playing Modal chords based on Jazz theory with different combinations.
    Kurt changed the Era of music, If not for him I would have been still playing bands like GNR, Iron Maiden etc etc who just play music on 3 chords. SO bloody boring if you want to improve on guitar and try various progressions.

16. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

^^^U DARE TO PUT NIRVANA IN THE LEAGUE OF IRON MAIDEN AND GNR....................................................................................................................

Cool........not my problem

17. Les Carlo

Les Carlo New Member

Apparently there is no league in music, it has no boundries. Anyone is speacial, revolution matters. Jimi hendrix, Layne Staley, Kurt cobain, Chris cornell all are the masters of the league if you have to put it that way. In the same manner Jerry Cantrell, Kim Thayil etc etc.

18. er_sudhir_yadav

er_sudhir_yadav New Member

hEAVY mETAL rULES sO dO oTHERS cHEERs gUYs

19. god_of_thunder

god_of_thunder Livin After Midnight

space Ace frehley and Gene vs Cobain?? Gimme a break..
    KISS rocks..
    bloody amazing riffs.. songs mostly about getting laid but heck.. theyre fun..

20. paranoid13rohan

paranoid13rohan .: iNDiaN iDioT 3.0 :.

I Love Nirvana ....

'coz Nirvana is so real ... I haven't heard anything like them till date ...

& also coz of Cobain's funda ... my fav 1 -
    Rather be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not ...