wht is a trill and how is it denoted on a tablature

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by cYpHeR, Jun 6, 2005.

  1. cYpHeR

    cYpHeR Banned

    can anyone help with that....also how is it denoted on a tablature.....
  2. shak

    shak Harrr!

    i denote it as //////////
  3. ronnieanand

    ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

    Let say you hold the 5th fret and hammer on a 7th fret and pull off to the 5th fret and repeat it. It creates a repeated fast legato sounding lick. This technique is called a trill. On tabs it usually written as 5 7h 5p 7h 5p 7h 5p 7h 5p , etc...
    Trill could also be picked but usually it played as hammer ons and pull offs.
    cYpHeR likes this.
  4. cYpHeR

    cYpHeR Banned

    thnx sharukh and ronnie...got the idea.....reps to both
  5. annand

    annand the pessimist

    cYpHeR likes this.
  6. cYpHeR

    cYpHeR Banned

    thanx anand....

Share This Page