Whoa earthquake in Pakistan!!!!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by silent_dragon, Oct 8, 2005.

1. BIG_EVIL

BIG_EVIL Guitaring Machine

we were all sleeping
    it was near 9 am
    the whole house started to shake like a pop corn machine
    for 2-3 minutes
    but thank God no harm could reach me and my family

2. abhimanjrekar

abhimanjrekar ----> Zhol-Man<----

never experience an earthquake...but there want nethin in mumbai..no tremors...newayzz hope all thos u felt the vibes r safe and sound..lookin for their posts on igt in furture....

3. sridhar11_2

sridhar11_2 Instrumental guitarist

Lets all pray for the souls of the deceased and for all the souls who had to suffer and hope god listens to our prayers. Pray for this to never happen again.

4. J.J

J.J The Guitar God

it was 7.6...and i thought that my mom was trying to wake me up...i opened my eyes and WHAAA NO ONE AROUND ME...the whole room no the whole house was shaking my house rocks...

5. #iR@

#iR@ GANDI BACHI RELOADED

there has been a LOT of destruction in the north; teh kashir area... and ISLAMBAD mein a LOT of ppl died and some r still caught up in the building....

everyone pray for the victims...........

6. shak

shak Harrr!

and now to top that . there is hailstorm in islamabad..hampering the rescue operation ..
    may God have mercy on them people ..

7. anshphenomenon

anshphenomenon Rape me :boff:

no offense lavina..but its very kiddish of u to say so..
    its not funny to see when ppl around r dying..
    hope u understand..

8. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

stupid puppets and puppeteers....

Can someone post a newslink? Where is neo when you actually want this info ;)

9. browneyegurlie

browneyegurlie Sweet as Honey

i saw the images on the news, a lot destruction and chaos amongst people which is understandable after this.....its really sad to see things like this. it comes as a shock, you cant predict anything.

@ beginner_lavina, i thought maybe you would hold a little maturity when it came to such a sensitive topic...please think about what you say next time.

10. jekyll

jekyll Banned

too bad ...

and very sad ...

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

May their soul Rest in Peace.

12. Ozze

Ozze New Member

its 3:37 AM sahri time n 40 min b4 i felt two after shocks .. i,m in rwp ..

13. apurbajd

apurbajd ~#$&*$@*^$

True ... lavina... hope u will understand ..............

14. coolgirl_babe

coolgirl_babe ~STOP TRYING TO BE ME~

I didn’t know anything about the earthquake until I turned the Internet on, and there it was written in bold letters.
    I was completely shocked.
    I hope those injured are fine, and about the dead we can't do anything, but only consol their families.

15. aeg0

aeg0 Guitarıng Alchemist

Amazing stuff - turning the Internet "on" ??

[​IMG]

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan - A huge earthquake triggered landslides, toppled an apartment building and flattened villages of mud-brick homes Saturday, killing more than 3,000 people across a mountainous swath touching Pakistan, India and Afghanistan.

The casualty toll from the 7.6-magnitude tremor was rising early Sunday as rescuers struggled to dig people from the wreckage, their work made more difficult as rain and hail turned dirt and debris into sticky muck. The worst damage was in Pakistan, where the dead included 250 girls crushed at a school and 200 soldiers on duty in the Himalayas.

The earthquake, which struck just before 9 a.m., caused buildings to sway for about a minute in the capitals of Afghanistan, Pakistan and India, an area some 625 miles across. Panicked people ran from homes and offices, and communications were cut to many areas.

Most of the devastation occurred in the mountains of northern Pakistan. The U.S. Geological Survey said the quake was centered about 60 miles northeast of the capital, Islamabad, in the forested mountains of Pakistani Kashmir.

India reported at least 250 people killed and 800 injured when the quake collapsed 2,700 houses and other buildings in Jammu-Kashmir state. Most of the deaths occurred in the border towns of Uri, Tangdar and Punch and in the city of Srinagar, said B.B. Vyas, the state's divisional commissioner.

Heres a link to a slideshow - https://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/ev...a_sRces0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

16. shak

shak Harrr!

got word from all the family back home, all fine.. but my aunt had this really good maid she is missing ... pobably another victim ... sadly.

17. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

after the earthquake.... there arnt many (left) i am sure.

18. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

yes... its very nice.
    :rock:

19. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

the return of jamhead :shock:

20. rizaaj

rizaaj Forum Leader

:shock: :shock: i think so...