Who is the reason you picked up the guitar?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by rabi_sultan, Jun 2, 2004.

1. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

This is the 3rd time i posted in this thread. Well anyways i picked it up cuz of Slash.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I picked it up thanks to John Perry of Aerosmith and currently, due to the Maiden gang!

3. shak

shak Harrr!

i saw zack wylde doin his pinch harmonics...and i was like...how can this guy make guitar scream??.....thats how i got addicted to this beautiful instrument!...and yes SLASH also has to do a lot with my interest in guitars!

4. Sanjay Mazumder

Sanjay Mazumder ~..::MASTERMIND::..~

I picked up when I saw Mithun Chakraborty in Disco Dancer.

5. suchacutename

suchacutename New Member

zeenat aman and vijay arora in yaadoin ke baraat...man i been in love with that song ever since i heard it. for many years i just craved for guitar ooohh so badly....the day i fiannlly got my guitar i tired to play it but boy oh boy did i suck at it. finally when i learned guitar a bit that is the first song i tried to play.

6. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

Alex Skolnick
    James Murphy

and now:

Marty Friedman

7. ats

ats Oldie

I picked up when I saw kurt cobain on unplugged .......

still continue bcoz of ppl like mark knophler ...............

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

lol, thats the most funiest reason i ve ever heard , ha ha ... :)

9. sam_rules

sam_rules New Member

i have tried almost everything. harmonium, violin, tabla, mouth-organ, keyboard even sitar for a little time. but nothin matches my guitar.

10. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

you should change ur id to guitar_rules ...

truely said sam ...

11. prags1309

prags1309 New Member

well sorry to dissapoint yu guys but i picked up becuz of the guy i apparantely fell for..neways we are no more together ..but guitar got on to me ...m nw tryin to get a hang of it ..hop yu guys gonna help me out thr...!!!!!!!

12. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

I wanted to learn the guitar since I was in class 4. But my real interest started when I started l hearing rock. I really liked Kurt Cobain that time.

13. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

i was influnced from my childhood from this instrument....
    its actually Salman ahmed (junoon) ...was the person to pick guitar

14. somendra_guitar

somendra_guitar New Member

well nobdy!!!!!

ya juss my inner desire!!

15. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

My friend...who's an awesome guitarist...and yet most of it was self taught he said...so... that gave me the inspiration to learn it on my own....and about the urge to learn....well i guess every rocker has it in him to some extent always...:)

16. guitarangela

guitarangela gran'ma

i had a desire to play guitar till i was 8 years old. My cousin plays guitar very well, so he was kinda my inspiration

17. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

i went to a gig..... that realy kicked me off!!! well i learnt guitar from my friend rajdeep

18. rssrik

rssrik New Member

Ir

I started playin guitar just to play IR songs.... especially ilaya nila

Srikanth

19. upneja

upneja New Member

for me actually i wanted to learn drums i feel drums as the most energetic instrument but then i came to know that i can remember the rythms of songs very well does not matter about the lyrics after that i met a guy who was learning guitar from last 5 years became my friend and he showed me the live concerts by Led Zap, Joe Sat, Steve Vai, Eric Clapton, Metallica the way they were playing guitar was awesome and i became fan of guitar from that day onwards now its one year i have almost completed my C Major Scale and curently working on various rythms available in CM scale March1, 2, Mambo, Jazz, Raggae etc etc

20. metalarmy

metalarmy New Member

Dire straits was my influence