who is the fastetst and most melodic guitarist ever

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by asharpminor, Apr 16, 2006.

1. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

^^^hehehehehe

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^^ Teehee (thats the English way of expressing Indian "heehee")

Nah but seriosly, voilin and piano player score over guitarists coz of the formal lessons taken by them.

3. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

hehe. i wanted to close this thread but a lot of beginners want to discuss the same thing, so meh.

:beer:

4. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

When did I say they can play chords?:)
    I said they can play the 5th caprice.

5. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

No. they score over rock/metal guitarists for that reason. Classical and jazz guitarists have an equally rigorous training. Even the shred guitar players have formal training...Satriani went to Joe Pass and Petrucci went to Berklee.They are usually reasonably well-rounded musicians and listen to a variety of stuff. It's the listening audience who makes demi-gods of them and thinks there are no other musicians with such speed or finesse anywhere else, which is not the case.

6. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Brilliant. I love you!

7. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Thats not a valid excuse. Guitar players can also take formal training and many do.

8. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Correct Abhi.

But Dennis, all that is not required.
    I can just play some power chords and off I go into Nu-metal land.

I can play same old scales up n down the fretboard, I venture to shredder's land.

Why should I really bother to understand while playing?
    When the audience is not bothered?
    ;)

9. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

^Talking bout audience .. do u think they're bothered if a violin or piano is playin without understanding?

EDIT: n Ya .. Fast and Melodic have a world of a difference between them!

10. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

Fast is easy to define

define melody

11. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

yeah i am a new member to igt thats for sure and i dont know whether this topic hasbeen discussed before...or for how many times and i am sorry to start the same topic...and regrading guitar i havebeen playing for 12 years from the age of 9 so i know a bit and I AM DEFINITELY NOT A BEGINNER...may not KNOW as much as u people do...but still i know sumthing..sorry for using up space..actually i like shredding and thats my passion and can play upto only 23 notes per second...i havebeen trying but i cant get any more than that...may be one day my name will come among these people hehehe kidding!!!!sorry guys for making u people say the same thing over and over again..i think this thread should be stopped and hope u people start a new topic i can express my comments...thanks.....

12. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

Usually the audience that is actually listening to a song that has a situation where there is a violin involved are much more musically educated than the average rock concert goer. Usually. Not that it means they are bound to understand what they're playing. I go to a few concerts now and then and am usually feeling horribly out of place. I'll hear some notes and say "wow, that's pretty" and people around me will give me severe stares and make me feel small.

Not really related to topic: I've been getting into Robin Ford and think he's a greek God. Can someone give me song/album reccomendations>?

13. djronny

djronny New Member

WEL batio is nt d faststcoz whn he plays real fast he doesnt pick.he jst goes on doin hammer ons.bt malmsteen is d one who plays reals fast by pickin.about petrucci hes d mastr of trilling.BOOM man.joe sat doesnt suck atal.atleast 4 me hes quite melodic.his comps r awsum.remmbr d 'luv thing"

14. shsnawada

who is robin ford?

15. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

Firstly.. Speed Kills... kills the melody! But we do have some people who manage to save the melodies. John Petrucci for example, and Buckethead in his sane days!! And Satriani Sucks??? Would that be in a parallel universe?

16. shsnawada

Yeah, in this universe any opinion different from mine is not allowed. (because it doesnt make any logical sense)

bjr likes this.
  17. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Hahaha, i see great potential in you ;)

18. rahulp

rahulp **Fallen Angel**

what was your opinion cuz i'm confused.. you're pro-Satriani or anti-satriani???

19. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

NO HE DOES NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :protest::mad::cen:

20. asharpminor

asharpminor New Member

joe sucks....upssiieeeeeeeee..