which song inspires you and/or gives you goose pimples? W-H-Y?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jamhead, Mar 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaiser

kaiser Bored

stairway to heaven.

jimmy page's solo. the thumping 4/4 beat. the syncopation towards the end, when the lyrics go....'and as we wind .....down the road'
    and the way robert plant finishes with 'to be a rock, and not to roooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll'

yeah, i like that looong 'roll'. beautiful.

oye como va, santana. i just cant sit n listen to this song. whenever it plays, i automatically stand up to dance or walk or just shake my head. too peppy. great energy. the organ n guitar work are simply awesome.

2. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

nothing else matters by metallica.

also About a Girl by Nirvana. Exactly reminds me of Bubbly. such a sweet heart.

yeah, november rain solo . too good. also, i like man who sold the world solo...wierd sad feeling in dat.

3. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

angie by rolling stones
    this song reminds me why i listen to rock n roll
    plus the vocals are amazing
    also u2s with one

4. Srirangan

Srirangan The Song Remains the Same

Led Zeppelin - The Rain Song
    The guitar moans and cries. Amazing lyrics and a great mood to the song. Something I relate to these days.

Led Zeppelin - Stairway to Heaven
    :rock: If there's a bustle in your hedgerow, don't be alarmed now!

Pink Floyd - Welcome to the machine
    A kind of futuristic setting, reminds me of those Johny Quest sci-fi cartoons I watched as a kid.

Led Zeppelin - Dazed and Confused (BBC Sessions version 18:34)
    :rockon: Baby baby bayyybie then you try to Puush me away.. I know I said this once before, I guess I oought to say it one more time

Nirvana - Something in the way
    The sheer hopelessness and disdain of the lyrics inspires me.

Led Zeppelin - No Quarter
    One of the most underrated Zeppelin numbers. Absolute classic. :nw:

Nirvana - Dumb
    We'll float around, and hang out on clouds. Then we come down, and have a hangover. Have a hangover. Had a hangover. Had a hangover. ;)

Creed - Weathered
    Very inspiring lyrics and amazing guitar too.

Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box
    Yeah Yeah, I got a new complaint.

:think:

All of my fav songs inspire me. Not necessarily positively inspire me, but they do. So now I take a bow for if I start listing all of my favourite numbers, the days become too short.

5. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

lately...
    aazadi by ar rahman....from netaji subhash chandra bose
    f^ckin amazin song man............
    does anyone have an Mp3 to this

6. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^A.R Rahman has directed music on dat movie? i didnt know....hmm. interesting.

7. nikamma1112

nikamma1112 New Member

Pehla Nasha ... my life somehow revolves around that song. Get a strange feeling whenever I hear it ... Cannot explain, it's a loooooooooong story ... :)

- Raj.

8. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

smells like teen spirit
    with or with out u

9. sayanakaharry

sayanakaharry Forum Leader

Dreamer - Ozzy Osbourne
    Of Wolf And Man - Metallica

10. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

1)hotel california--this was one of my first favs when i was intro to thew world of rock ---so it has ol memories and also it has amazin progressions and solos ---damn cool
    2)last kiss-pearl jam ----man ---smthin like that has neva happnd to me !!!but i wonder what it wud be like to go thru such a trauma ---
    3)mama said --metallica---the lyrics say it all ---especially the line"i need ur open arms to welcome me ---but a cold stones all i see..."

11. stoned_survival

stoned_survival New Member

hey i forgot to mention :
    4)where did u sleep lat night ---kurts a genius at puttin emotions into volcals----just listen to the last 3 verses and switchover frm light vocals to heavy/harsh vocals
    also man who sold the world --kurt agn---same reason
    5)nothing else matters ----coz thats the limit of perfection

12. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

Kurt - genius.............. :RollLol: :RollLol: hahahahaha thats a good one!

13. sanat_satan

sanat_satan New Member

14. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

No songs that give me goose pimples!! ;)
    U2's Electrical Storm & Elevation were the songs that attracted me to rock. And I learnt the guitar coz I wanted to learn how to play Rape Me. (Didn't know much of rock at that time you see). :eek::

15. rechts_234

rechts_234 New Member

'Ich will' by Rammstein ...
    man! it's the energy of the song ... and the pure anger that goes underneath
    i think no one else has so perfectly translated anger into music ... i get goosebumbs all over...
    Könnt ihr mich fühlen?

16. tejasi

tejasi Perfection Personified

More than Words....Extreme
    Annies song...John Denver
    These songs never fail to take me into a totally different world... A dreamy romantic world where everything is warm and fuzzy...
    Why? Just the words...They are so full of emotions!!!
    Nothing to do with the guitar playing or the progressions or whatever!
    Tejasi

17. tejasi

tejasi Perfection Personified

Also Mera Kuchh Saaman...from the movie Ijaazat...
    What a song!!!!
    Reason: Listen to the words carefully and you'll know... :)
    Tejasi

18. Seelan

Seelan Soldier Of Fortune

actually ... there are 3 songs .. all could be played on guitar ... they are Nothing Else Matters by Metallica , One by U2 and Superman (its not easy to be me) by Five for Fighting ....

u2's one makes me cry but well that is because of the lyrics ... currently going thru a rejection ... my 1st love has rejected me and i think you guys shld know the pain ... the song is nice ...

its not easy to be me is kinda meaningful song ... it juz makes u realise the brighter side of you .. but somehow i aint that convinced .. maybe its becoz of the rejection phase i'm going thru ...

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica - this was the song that made me start playin the guitar ... and the best joke was , i didn't hear it from metallica , but from a friend of mine who played it ... and when i heard the song , i juz went to buy a guitar and got my friend to teach me the basics ... i had music interest b4 hearin to this song but only figured out my instrument after hearin this song ... a real big thanks to this song n metallica :nw:

19. umangu

umangu New Member

Sweet Emotion - Aerosmith

When Joe Perry's wah-voice effect comes over the bass line...., I get goose flesh all over!

btw, nice reply Jayswami, although u do know, that your clinical disection comes in very handy to us lazy ppl who don't want to figure out a song ourselves!

20. twarak

twarak New Member

Hmm.. a long list from my side...

Hotel California, Learn to be still from Eagles
    Michael Hedges Classical guitar piece called Chavas Song
    Illayarajas 80s songs.. Especially.. Naadham enn jeevane, Nee partha from heyram and all the songs in sindhubhairavi,
    Songs from movie Anand, and Tere bina
    Latas Patriotic songs...

As you are listening to these songs, you realize that these are the some of the few songs that you listen to as an entity unlike most songs, wherein say a guitar solo or a piano piece stands out more than the rest of elements in the song...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.