Which processor do i buy

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by shourjya, Jul 3, 2006.

1. shourjya

shourjya New Member

hi people....i know this question has been asked before.." which processor do i buy" thing is i cud not make head or tail of the previous discussions..things have been put in too technically...so am asking for help..a friend of mine bought a gt-6 for 15000 am wonderng if tht would be allright...bt am quite new..and wanted to start wth smthng mch easier on the pocket...ther in another 2nd hand model of zoom 505..ur comments....and if u cd suggest ne thng else!

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

*ahem*
    If you cannot make out a difference between the sound of Boss GT-6 and Zoom 505, you should probably go and buy the cheaper of the two.

GT-6 for 15K seems a decent buy, especially with regard to its tone and features and flexibility.

3. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

wot's ur budget?

4. shourjya

shourjya New Member

smthng around 5000- my budget!!!!

5. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

You could search for a second-hand Korg AX-100G.

6. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

I have one Korg AX100G, but I aint selling it.
    :NoNo:

for 5K you will get DigitechRP50/80, Zoom505/606
    Korg AX1G/3G

7. shourjya

shourjya New Member

doesnt seem so..now where i stay getting stuff 2nd hand will be troublesome...ppl dont buy processors..2nd hand is a far catch...but nemr ideas??

8. shourjya

shourjya New Member

well but i did get hold of someone whose willing to sell a zoom 505 for 3.5k its around 2 yrs old...and too cz he's got a 707 and gt-6..or 8 i dont remeber..!! will tht be a fair buy??

9. rust_in_pain

rust_in_pain <:Rising Rockstar:>

a new zoom505 comes for 4k or 3.8k at bharat's,delhi......but it depends frm place to place............if 2 yrs old then 2k would be the ideal price.....

10. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

For 3.5K, u'll get a new 505.

11. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

i just got myself a digitech rp80
    it costs 5800 in kolkata
    its not the very best in the market but certainly one of the very best in its class with tuner, drum beats and almost all the effects that u rly need
    just check out https://www.digitech.com/products/rp80.htm
    maybe at your budget u can go for the rp50 though i haven't ever tried it out

12. prit_undead

prit_undead New Member

btw rp50 doesn't have the expression pedal but got almost all the features of the other rp models

13. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hey prit, does the RP have a feature of levelling out the sound output of each patch?

14. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I just go the RP80
    There isnt ant thing to level out sound ouput
    As far as i know any way

15. romi

romi New Member

yeah it doesn't
    -prit

16. shourjya

shourjya New Member

well someone said i can get a new zoom 505 for 3.5....but where in kolkata.no dont thnk so.could you tell me whats the market price of the 505.i dont need nethng big and fancy now...am still a newbie!!!!!!

17. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

^ Dude, got go by what teh guys here say.
    Your dealer earns a percentage on your purchase.

Each dealer has his own ideals about how much margin should be kept.

You can't help it if your locality has dealers who try to earn more.
    Upto 4.5K for Zoom is decent.

Check this site:
    https://bajaao.com/

Usually teh prices given here are pretty much decent, and if you are getting close to this, consider yourself lucky.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

BTW, the site says: price of Zoom G2 ~ 5.5K.

Believe me G2 is ten times better than Zoom 505. See if you can get hold of it.