which is your favourite copied song? lol

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by abhishekmalyala, Jan 27, 2013.

1. We've heard thousands of copied songs guys.... especially after the advent of youtube.
    But this changes when we start learning guitar!!
    We listen to songs we've listened hundreds of times before and suddenly WE RECOGNISE THE OTHER SONG FROM WHICH THIS WAS LIFTED!!!
    A few of them are mind boggling hits!

So, this thread is for us to share those songs which you really like, later recognised (not coz someone told you) they were copied ,but still can't help liking them.

I will start with one myself:

Sonu Nigam's "Deewana tera", 1999, was composed by Sajid-Wajid and is a direct lift off of "I will always love you " by Whitney houston (1994). Houston herself had sung her version from the original of Dolly parton, 1974!

Please share any weird copies you came across like these... and please let us keep the "I Hate That Copycat Composer" speeches out of this thread.

Regards,
    Abhay

P.S: Wikipedia says "Deewana Tera remains one of the most successful Indian pop songs of the Indian music industry and is very popular to this day." lol

2. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Julie Julie - by "Annu Mallick"
    Incidentally I believe that is the song that made Anu Malik a "hit"

3. jimihndrx

jimihndrx Guitar Hero

My fav'rite copied Song will be "Jab Koi Baat Bigad Jaye" from the movie Jurm.
    Tune of this song was lifted from Peter,Paul & Mary's hit no. "Five Hundred Miles".
    And we always thought that Rajesh Roshan was an ace composer :) Here is the link to the original
    https://youtu.be/ADN1lLEp3HO

4. @jimihndrx> I always thought Rajesh roshan's songs sounded kind of familiar... maybe coz the first songs of his that I noticed were kaho na pyaar hai.
    But Jab koi baat was a true shocker!
    It still is one of my fave songs though :)

@alpha1> That's a nice song! any link to the original?