which Guitar to buy from where to buy, cost, accessories in delhi

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by learner, Jun 2, 2004.

1. learner

learner New Member

Hello All

I have joined this wonderful forum for v obvious reasons.
    I want to learn Guitar :)
    But have no idea how to proceed :think:

Can you pls help me with all your nice suggestions! like which Guitar to buy! from where to buy! cost! accessories! ! is a tutor necessary in the begining!
    I belong to Delhi.
    (somebody suggested me venus guitar as the best one for beginers!)

thnks in advance

2. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

get a cheap guitar for the beginning, you may also get a cheap one second hand as some guitar wannabes try and play guitar and when they cant succeed in 1month to sound like Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton or Jimi Hendrix they sell that guitar quickly.

Whatever you get though make sure its an acoustic as they are the best to learn from.

3. Myth_Pharoah

Myth_Pharoah New Member

Yeah... I got my first givson acoustic for like 1500, still have it and plays neat enough. A descent acoustic for beginners shouldn't cost you more than about a 2000 bucks, get those and screw around with the guitar while if possible taking guitar lessons. If not learn how to play the "c major scale", practice simple runs that you think are complicated and you're set. Try transcribing simple songs like "Jana gana mana" and you should go well... or that's what I did. :p

4. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Get a GOOD guitar than a heap guitar. Go to the shop at pyramids and buy Tutor cds. Will help..

5. learner

learner New Member

Thanks rabi, but i`ll go with jayanth`s advice.
    i have seen givson venus rose, cost is 2500. probable i`ll go for it. + 250 bucks for the case.
    will surely tell u once i purchase it.
    will also download guitar tutorial from the net. Can u guys suggest from where to download good and best stuff (rem i am a beginner, dont even know abc of Guitaring)

Is there anything i missed out!!

6. jayanth

You are going for Givson??? :confused: thats like suffering Unleashed.. Go for signature or hobner.. Goto www.cyberfret.com.. My feeling its the best..

7. rabi_sultan

you can also try https://www.12bar.de/, dont worry its in English.

In any case I can't comment on a Givson as I have never seen it, but I used to play an Encore acoustic (very bad and very hard to play) but it improved my strenght quicker then my cousin on a decent Yamaha.

Also look on the 2nd hand market as well, good guitars can hold their value but cheap guitars don't.

8. jayanth

Ok Its good that you didnt own a givson...

9. rabi_sultan

Givson really that bad?

10. learner

learner New Member

cyberfret.com is no doubt the best one :beer: . www.12bar.de/ is also good :cool:

11. learner

learner New Member

Finally i bought Hobner 265 f-cut. And its awsome man :beer:
    Found it better than givson :p
    Its time for me to :rockon:

Will soon post the pic of my hobner. :)

12. jayanth

Way to go dude.. Welcome to the hobner club..

13. noasark

noasark New Member

I was looking 4 !!!

Hi All,

I am a new member (34) in this forum. I was browsing through & luckily came across this wonderful site.

Friends, I have a guitar (second hand) at home. I took manuals from music shop & started practicing with it. Theoritically I have learnt a little bit but bcz of lack of proper practice I m not able to play it properly & lost the enthusiasm. In this regard let me tell u something abt me. I m learning Hindustani Classical (Vocal) for the last one year. At the same time I like the instrument GUITAR a lot & want to learn it which can help me (accompany) in singing too.

So friends, give me some tips so that I can play chords with first 4-5 frets to accompany with songs. Also pls let me know the name of the sites if any regarding it.

With Best Regards,

Debu.

14. jayanth

15. noasark

noasark New Member

Hi Mr. Jayanth,

Thank u very much. cyberfret would be very helpful for me.But I m unable to find the guest book in the second site.

Thank u once again for introducing me to such an wonderful site.

With Best Regards,

Debu.

16. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

hey debu!!!! chill, man! u dun hafta show so mucha respect 4 jayanth... :p yea, hez nothin short of a genius n hez a smart-ass. but hey!!!!! u simply DUN hafta b so formal wid him!! u kno, ur post reminded me of da formal letters my teachers forced me 2 write way back in 9th grade :)

17. noasark

noasark New Member

Hi Guitar Gal (Sorry I donno ur name)

Hey come on friend, u all deserve respect yaar. I have started practice again in full enthu. Let's see how much I can achieve....U also help me by giving tips abt the short cuts (hee hee) to b a guitar accompanist. Dont worry!!!!!!! main apne hi gane ke saath bajaunga ha ha ha

Rgds,

Debu.

18. jayanth

Call me Jay... Alan's tutorials are amazing..

19. rabi_sultan

20. guitar_gal

guitar_gal New Member

hey, i luv guitarnoise.com . dun rmber who suggested dat 1... think it waz 6string... its a gr8 site... :beer: