Which Electric Guitar??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by parthbhushan, Sep 11, 2010.

1. parthbhushan

parthbhushan New Member

^ First of all, they had only one GB LP, some pink shit with transparent humbuckers covers. Played okish. Then they had few other of their models. They also had SGs. But silver.

Secondly, everything was damn expensive. They guitars were like 70k. Maybe more than that. I don't really remember.

Thirdly, i was short of time because the shop closes at 9pm and i reached there only at 8.30.

2. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

^Which is why you're supposed to go to the shop and try out stuff not once but at least 2-3 times before you buy anything at all.

3. parthbhushan

parthbhushan New Member

Ultra, we were short on time!!! And they didn't have Epis, so anyway i wouldn't have bought anything.

4. ultrabot90

Visit the shop roughly a few weeks in advance of your purchase ;) No, really, it's a good thing to do.

5. me+guitar=rocks

me+guitar=rocks New Member

if u wanna take fancy type then go for bc rich otherwise ibanez sa series...its best

6. tapas.perti

tapas.perti New Member

Need help

Hello evry1 ... I need a little help to make a purchase of an electric guitar ... My budget is arnd 15k (only fr d guitar) ... Plz can sme one advise what choices cn I have, specially in Ibanez ??? Also, which processors cme under 7-8k ??? I also wanted to ask that whether semi-acoustic guitars (like Gibson ES-335 or Ibanez Artcore series) are available in India ??? How much does a semi-acoustic cme for ???

7. ultrabot90

8. parthbhushan

parthbhushan New Member

Hello people, yet one again :p.

I paid a visit to the "best" instrument shop in chennai. It turns out that they only have greg bennett av 3 and av6, av6 being proved at some 23.5k. It plays good, and even better on a tube amp. Now my doubt is whether it is really worth a buy or not? There is av 7 also. Which one is better, 6 or 7?

Also is av 6 more expensive than av7?

9. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

how can it be 23.5k when its at 21k at bajaao
    I think av6 will be better than av7.. i maybe wrong..

10. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Very interesting, just noticed that bajaao charges almost the same amount for the AV6 than AV7... Also noted that colours seem to be mutually exclusive for the 6 and 7 at the official GB website.

Av7: wine red, black
    Av6: vintage sunburst, original sunburst

Might just be a good deal...

11. parthbhushan

parthbhushan New Member

^ Even i was confused when i saw AV6 was expensive than AV7.

According to the general law, More Cost = Better product.

Now i don't know whether to go for AV6 or AV7. :(

12. rickkkyrich

rickkkyrich Guest

They both have the same pickups.. the only difference according to me is the Quilt maple top on the AV6.. They are almost the same guitars.. If you get to play both of them then good enough.. Watever feels comfy go for it..

13. guitardoctor

guitardoctor Will Rx for food

Inverted logic is inverted. Better quality guitars are more expensive but that doesn't mean there is a linear relationship between cost and quality and more expensive guitars are better by definition. 21k guitar is not > 20k guitar just because it costs 1k more.

See https://www.gregbennettguitars.com/av6.html and https://www.gregbennettguitars.com/av7.html

Seems to me the difference is only in looks. The specs are almost identical.

For this final decision, use your judgement instead of looking at the price tag to make the decision for you. Listen to and play both, pick the one that sounds, looks and feels better to you... Don't overthink it... Trust yourself on this small decision.

Oh, and if the av7 isn't locally available (I notice you mentioned that the shop had only av3 and av6) buy the av6... It's always better to buy a guitar you can try out yourself before buying than to mail order it from somewhere.

14. parthbhushan

parthbhushan New Member

^Thanks a lot for that info.

I haven't seen any AV7 in Chennai, so can't really test which one is better. AV6 also played good, better than a ~1 lakh Gibson LP....

So i might just go for AV6, but the piece that they have looks FUGLY. :(