which electric guitar should i buy?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by harishh, Aug 16, 2006.

1. harishh

harishh New Member

need urgent help buying an electric guitar

hi 2 all,

i want to buy an electric guitar and my range is rs.25000 max.... so can u guyz plz let me know which guitar should i buy and from where in lahore?
    i basically play rock jazz and other stuff... i shall be waiting for ur reply!

2. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

id say go for a Ibanez Rg370dx, its worth the 23,000 it costs...
    its got a edge pro trem and infinity pickups, which, ive heard, are great..
    its got the ibanez wiz 2 neck and everything....so id say thats the best one, but im sure a lot more people will say otherwise...if your in bombay or something, try to go some guitar shop and try out guitars, find the best one that suits your comfort level..

3. harishh

harishh New Member

thanks Anik8......but yesterday i was reading the forum and read many comments against ibanez so i will also preffer some other brand...more over im in lahore pakistan so also need to know that from where i can get a top quality gear within my budget....

4. harishh

harishh New Member

where r all the pros ????? urgent help is needed!!! c'mon guyz i need ur suggestions as in a day r 2 i have to buy an electric guitar.... so kindly fill me up with the required details suggestions/advises

5. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

kuch bhi kharid le....:yawn:....baj to koi bhi guitar jaata hai

6. harishh

harishh New Member

@iraqita_ep which guitar do u have ..... how much did it cost and from where did u get .... i guess the suggestion u gave me didnt implemented on urself when u were purchasing r did it ?

7. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

it did :p:

8. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

^ Ladies and gentlemen, the finest piece of gear buying advice on the Internet till date.

*Applause.*

9. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

thank u,thank u......
    iding me to this stage and to harish for giving me a stage to express my talent

10. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

somethn new for me :)

11. Anik8

Anik8 -Starforsaken-

stop spamming and help the guy !

12. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

chill dude we've given him enuff things to get him to buy himself a new cheap electric guitar.

13. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

you need to go down to the shop and play the guitars before you pick one that suits you.

someone may recommend the ibanez rg370dx for its ultra-flat almost concave neck or a squire strat for the name, or a kramer striker because it's
    • Designed in the USA "QuadRail" pickups with coil-tapping!
    • Lightning fast, Elliptical profile, 24-fret, Slim-Taper neck with maple fingerboard. It's even got Gotoh™ SG machine heads!

you could have plenty of suggestions but then this is a small community and there's nothing like buying a guitar that plays well in your hands.

if you do buy a guitar purely based on other people's reviews make sure you can return it in case it turns out to be not quite like you wanted

14. harishh

harishh New Member

thanks Anik8 and thehundrethone...atleast someone is here to help.... today i went to all the shops here in lahore and i couldnt find any original branded guitar all were copies made in taiwan and mainly in china...they were quite cheap but thats not the point...the problem is how will a chinese made and american made e.g les paul sound...i dont know as ive never played an electric guitar of good brands (just heard)though ive played copies which for now seems just perfect...i wouldnt be able to distingish the quality until n unless i play it ...i hope im making my point clear...so now i need help to get a good branded gear even second hand within my range i.e. 25k so can someone help ?

15. vlada729

vlada729 New Member

hi...
    here's one...you said rock, jazz...so, i have a few ideas, but don't know where you can get them...US, Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai...for sure.
    try some archtop, you'll get a nice rounded sound, the les paul sound that you mentioned, plus some versatility... Ibanez are fine but not the RG series... try Artcore series or some Artist...great guitars at great prices...China, Indonesia, but doesn't matter...they're great... IBZ Jet-king is one cheap, and great, and very versatile guitar... Don't know about the prices of Yamaha's AS series...great...it's all a lot better than Epiphone Les Pauls, although they're also good for what you want...
    anyway a st-neck guitar, if possible (apart from Jet-King that i mentioned, but it's really good). also, if u can get a guitar from US, try PRS SE series...

16. Saptashaw

Saptashaw PRO Tabber

Have you tried the Epiphone Les Paul?

17. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

18. harishh

harishh New Member

@ Saptashaw ....yes i ve but chinese made...