Which book are u reading??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by MARS, Aug 21, 2004.

1. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Now chaha and champak are replaced by Design basis,Technical Docs & MIS Reports!!

What a change!!

2. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

suppandi , ha ha , essi - u really reminded me of my school days ..... :)

my fav was shikari shambu , he was a dude maen .....

champak & chaha chaudary did rocked those day .....

3. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

What about our very own super commando dhruv and nagraj ...??
    They were awesome too.

Anyways....I am reading a biography of Kurt Cobain...titled 'Heavier than Heaven'.
    Amazing book man....for any nirvana fans its a must read.

Rock On!!!!

4. bob-bobby

i am sure it must be rockin .... is it his biography ?

5. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

yes Bob,...
    Its his biography...

6. bob-bobby

cool, is there any movie on that book ;) books not my cup of tea ...

7. highwayman

Its Kurt's boigraphy...written by some Cross.Don remeber his full name.
    But its kinda dark....I mean it brings out the murkier part of Kurt's life.
    But All in all its real good.....

And then its inspires you too buy a gun....and shoot yourself...lol...
    Just jokin...

Rock On!!!

8. bob-bobby

in that case movie is much better ....

9. highwayman

Which movie are you talkin abt Bob..??
    Don tell me i missed a movie on Kurt

10. bob-bobby

theres only the book , no movie , i was saying it wud have been better if there was any movie and me not for books . ;) i know the pains i ve gone thru getting graduated :p

11. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Someone did make a movie... it should be out soon, i guess... there were some controversies involved.

Recently i finished reading Raymond E Feist's Krondor: The Betrayal... nice fantasy fiction, but not my type... very fast paced and full of adventures but not much of a storyline and character development was not superb, except for maybe that of the main character.

Next aim, read the two other not so famous Dan Brown books.

12. bob-bobby

thats kewl essi , sure let us know the name of the movie as soon as someone knows abt it ...

13. esgallindeion

Kurt: The movie
    (Friday April 16, 2004 05:09 PM)

A film based on the life of Kurt Cobain is to be made this year, according to reports.

A script for the TV movie is currently being prepared, with "Heavier Than Heaven", the unauthorised 2001 biography of the Nirvana frontman written by Charles Cross, thought to be a major source.

The film could be aired as early as next year, if production goes as planned. No director has been appointed, although the script is being penned by Robert Munic.

A spokeswoman for The WB cable network, who hope to screen the film in the US, explained: "The day Kurt Cobain died was the day the music died for a generation. His story is perfect for our generation.

"The storytelling will have a nonlinear style, flashing to different parts of his life out of chronological order," said the spokeswoman.

The news comes just days after the tenth anniversary of Kurt Cobain's death.

14. highwayman

Thats one hell of a news ESSI...that a movie is coming out Kurt's life.
    But I am sure its gonna be a lot of controversies...

because i have read the book....and if comes out as the book sounds....man...there will be trouble.

BTW...ESSi you don seem to like adventure..what do you like to read?

@Bob...ditto on course books yaar...even I was not very good with them...but books lik these its a different case altogether.

15. bob-bobby

essi seems to be very fond of books , ...

highwayman , browse this thread from the very 1st post , essi is a prt of it since then , since stone age my friend , ha ha ...

16. highwayman

hmmmm...so hes just trying to play modest is it???
    Essi your views on this..

17. bob-bobby

first offended , now modest !!!! lol ....

want to know zooms fav book ...

18. esgallindeion

lol, you guys.

I basically read anything which catches my interest while in the library or in Borders or KinoKuniya (the biggest book stores around here)...

My favourite genre of books is fiction, especially fantasy... Authors like Tolkien, George R R Martin, R A Salvatore, Robert Jordan, Stephen King, Terry Brooks... I also read many thrillers and mystery stuff... Also, some non fictional stuff especially those such as Genome, Taking Sides etc...

@ bob, offended?? When?

yea, How about everyone posting their favourite books?

Mine currently is George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire (parts 1-3)... waiting for part 4.

19. NovemberRain

NovemberRain New Member

Hi everybody..
    Newbiest of all newbies here. Thought I will hang around for a while in the chit chat lounge before graduating to the tabs forums :). JUst a month old with the guitar you see.

Right now I am reading Ken Keseys One flew over the Cuckoo's nest. Anybody read it?

20. Sonali

Sonali ::>> Welcome <<::

my all time favorite book is "Gone With the Wind"........its so beautifully written that the images from the story flashes into your head with no effort from the reader.....it's very depressing but still has these amazing moments.....the main character seems like a villain......the whole idea of the book is a huge taboo but still it’s become so famous here that practically every adult that saw the book in my hand had something to say abt it.....it's probably the longest book i ever read but it was definitely worth reading…..:rock: