Which book are u reading??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by MARS, Aug 21, 2004.

1. MARS

MARS Mars Ji...Finally!!!!!

Hay nats..I liked Godfather too..

@ Jay...like the type of stories RK Narayan wrote..have read 3 or 4 of his books apart from malgudi days...The famous"Guide" was a part of our syllabus in 11th class...

Anybody having interest in Auto biographies or just biographies..
    Read Lee Iacocca two years back...was pretty impressed by it...

Currently ..am still going thru "Snapshots from the hell"...

2. highwayman

highwayman Eternal Bachelor ! ! !

Am reading a really old one these days...Ayn Rand's "Atlas Shrugged"

I have another one in the pipes....its the biography of Kurt....heavier then heaven...
    And Mars when are you lending me that 5 point someone ....am still waiting

Cheers... :rock:

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Finished two books... Stephen King's Dark Tower 6 is amazing... maybe not the best of the series bt definitely one of the better ones.

I started on Dan Brown's Angels and Demons yesterday while waiting at the polyclinic... the total wait (for reception, doctor and pharmacy) lasted for more than 4 hrs... so i finished that too.. Quite good... Ill start the Da Vinci Code this Saturday after my tests.

I've read a few R K Narayan stuff... malgudi etc... Quite fun but not really my type.

Btw, a question to HP fans... when's harry potter 6 coming out? After book 5, I stopped visiting all the HP sites where I was member...

4. abhay_saxena

abhay_saxena Lord of the strings

HP 6 called harry potter and the half blood prince is expected sometime next year around june or july

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Just before my A Levels... Sounds like I'll have to face a test of will power. :(

6. MARS

Hey Highwayman...

FPS is aptly priced for the species like us.."Employed Engg."

I think u can afford that too...Its not even 100 bucks..

Otherwise wait for one more weekend..

:beer:

7. highwayman

Mars...

This "employed engg" species as you coin it ...is a little low on cash these days. And I think I can manage another week without FPS....
    So am waiting....

Cheers..... :rock:

8. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

did you read the post btw ,.... :think: :think:

9. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Nats.. I saw it way back when i was small on DD1.. Now i dont know.. I have all his books. I liked Swami And Friends and Talkative man.. Try these. .Malgudi is the Parent i guess..

10. bob-bobby

they are repeatin the same stuff on sony now , dun know the days and time ...

11. jayanth

Only I reaed the post Bob..

12. jayanth

Watching it on DD1 is a real different experience.. Cause everytime it gave you the Oldish feel.. And you had t orun up to te terrace to set the Antenna right :p

13. bob-bobby

come to africa and watch sony , i bet you'll get similiar kind of experience again....

14. jayanth

Laughing Really Out Lot.. How are the books there?? Do they still write onBarks.. Thast what i read in 1st Standard.. Kidding..

15. bob-bobby

nah , times have changed , they use to do it long time back , now they use p1 processors .....

16. jayanth

OK.. Back to topic.. I found one small Interesting book.. I forgot to mention..

Its called Jonathan Livingstone Saegull - RicharBach.. Its amazing..

17. MARS

Seagull is too good..
    Richard Bach at his best...

18. highwayman

Richard Bach is at his killer best in Seagull
    what about Illusion s and byplane.....they too are damn good.

Jay...if you find seagull amazing....give a try to illusions ...you 'll fall in love with it.

Cheers...

19. jayanth

I like THE ONE....

20. anuj

anuj New Member

hey nats
    i m also preparing for cat,i joined career launcher ,mock cats going these week ends been very busy lately specially with the placement scene going around these days in campus,how about u howz ur prepration n do read fountainhead it's worth it.
    n mars wrote about the godfather well words are not enough to explain how good that book it's a master piece by mario puzo,has any one read omreta by him thats also good.