Where to get a Peavey Valveking 112?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DagMX, Dec 22, 2007.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I never go for the name. Otherwise I'd be stuck with an MG right now...

Hell, I play a kramer and a b.c.rich. Noones going to cower in fear from them. Well, yeah they would, but not from the name..
    I've got some guys on UG who own the amp to tell me about it. They say its a good buy, and with a speaker change down the line it'll sound amazing. They gave me some sound samples which sounded really great.

Anyway, I called up bhargavas today. They said they can get it for about 25k. I'll ask bhatias if they have it tmro. They usually have cheaper prices. Otherwise my dads going to the US on the 2nd so I'll see if he can get it there, otherwise I can get it here in a few weeks.

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Okay...now I'm also considering the Vox Valvetronix XL 50W amp. Its got a tube poweramp so it should overdrive like a tube amp, but its also got a shit load of features, costs the same, is a 212 instead of a 112 and it seems more suited for metal

3. caprico4

caprico4 New Member

25k is not bad for a real tube amp with all the bells and whistles... i've researched a lot on that amp and i think is a great amp..
    but i still think 50w of tube will be a tad too loud.. unless you;re playin a 200 people gig..

4. caprico4

caprico4 New Member

if you want to play metal then a hybrid amp should do the trick... go for the valvetronix

5. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

No, why stop at that, why not just get this baby?

6. Life_Sans_Death

Life_Sans_Death Acronym!

7. thehundredthone

thehundredthone Well-Known Member

Drool and slurp.

8. ultrabot90

ultrabot90 Like fishes need bicycles

No. LSD has had his share of limelight, now he gets just 'burp belch fart egg'. XD
    That Mesa half-stack is still pretty wicked, though.
    *Edit - JF has a Marshall half-stack. That's the killer thing. I needs one of those :think:

9. anonymusneo

anonymusneo New Member

im going to Delhi tomorrow on saturday 24 june , i have a budget of 25000 .

i want a heavy distortion orignaly i was going for roland cube 80xl

is there any thing better than cube 80xl .? .

need ur suggestions fast thanks guys