Where to buy quality wood?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by DagMX, Oct 2, 2007.

1. DagMX

DagMX New Member

I'm plannign to build a guitar for myself in my free time after my A levels, and I was wondering where I could get quality supply of the following wood in India, preferably delhi.

Alder
    Maple
    Wenge(or any other wood suitabl for a skunk-stripe in a 3pc neck)

Basiclly plannign to build a 7 String V baritone with a neckthrough 3pc neck.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/dagget32002/guitarblueprints.png

2. DagMX

DagMX New Member

guys any help at all?

3. umangu

umangu New Member

All I can say is, good luck man! I maro-ed so many trips to Panchkuyian road and other guitar shops in the hope of buyinga busted guitar at half price just to scavenge its neck. But Delhi shopkeeps are so so unreasonable. Upar se they'll bombard you with questions about why you even want to bother.

There's a luthier by the name of Audi/Auddy who lurks around here. You can even find him on Orkut. He's made some guitars from scratch and done a good job on them. He's from Bombay so you might even be able to get him to mail you some.

Once again good luck man!

Umang.

4. DagMX

DagMX New Member

Thanks man.
    I spoke to amit at onstage and he says their tech shuld be able to give me contacts since he makes some guitars. Otherwise I'm gonna try calling some wood importers down south or if I can, maybe the jackson factory to see where I can get the wood from.