Where have our Indian singers gone?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by saustin316, Aug 27, 2006.

1. saustin316

saustin316 Member

You know why songs of zeher was famous? Woh Lamhe (Atif)
    You know why songs of murder was famous? Bheege hont (Najam Sheeraz) and Kaho na kaho (Amir Jamal)
    You know why songs of Kalyug was famous? Addat (Atif)
    You know why songs of Zinda was famous? Zinda hoon (Strings)
    You know why songs of Paap was famous? Garaj Baras (Junoon-Ali Azmat)
    I didn't mention Nusrat Fateh sir and Adnan Swami!
    Where are our Indian singers? Above are some of the biggest block busters! People still listen to them now! First we had all the small budget movies bringing in Pakistani singers, now even KANK has brought in another one for Mitwa. All the time in Univ you'll be hearing of Jal and addat ans Strings coming in for fests and all. No doubt they are all great singers. But are we pushing our own singers in the drain? Would our own singers not been able to create the same electricity these guys generate? Why has Shaan become a ,"O yeah shaan sang that one", whereas with Atif it will be, " Damn, what a good song did you hear the latest from Bas ek pal". Why is it that in a country of billions we need to import Shafqat Amanat Ali for singing in Sufi style in Mitwa. I hope Eshaan Sir is reading this too. Don't we have the quality? Then why the hell are Indian Idol and Fame gurukul and Saregamapa and all going on? I hope you guys will put in your views for the above.
    Thanks,
    Akash

2. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Indian music atleast Indian mainstream music is in a pathectic state. Dance music has again show its ugly face.

I dont know how people tolerate the music in Indian movies and music videos.

3. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

accha hai na.........now bands like pdv and joint family can kick the blockbusters asss

4. ambush

ambush _RASTA_man_

I think its because our music industry is so dependent on the movies.

Indian movies are not much into change and follow a masala pattern...and so does the music

I think its time to shun songs from movies

5. BubblyMartini

BubblyMartini !!!HAWM

off late most of the paki music was introduced by the Bhatt lobby..
    all movies mentioned are by them...
    no ones really objecting u know
    people like something new and unique,and its sells
    and besides if not the movie atleast the album sells....
    jus a thought..which among the mentioned movie was a hit..?..(for the right reasons)..including kank

6. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

i bet after a while these very singers will start to suck. and we will come upon another bunch of singers .tastes change very quickly these days.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
    they say nothin is permanent;
    i say your thats not permanent.

7. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

who cares whn u get 2 listen to such nice tracks...

8. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

Exactly what i thought when i heard AR Rahman speak hungarian.

9. slipknot_555

slipknot_555 RuHH..

:insane:

:insane:

10. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

haha...

Who cares....pick up a chilled beer and listen to some nice gazals.

11. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

^^terrific idea!

12. saustin316

saustin316 Member

@ Bubbly Martini - That's not the point of the movies being a hit or wether the track is awesome. No doubt all the songs are huge hits, but the point is could our own singers not do the same. Why do we need a guest appearance by strings in Zinda? Why not use Euphoria or Band of boys for promotion? Do our own bands and playback singers not have the charisma which singers from other countries have?
    And what do you mean by something new? Do you think Indians can't sing sufi style or use rock based music in their compositions?
    How much more embarasing is it that both last years top hits Bheege hont tere and Kaho na kaho was neither written nor initially sung by indians though they were no.1 hits in india for quite some time. Not to mention this year's biggest hit Ya ali which was ripped of Ya Ghali an arabic no.
    Indian Playback music is probably at its lowest right now!
    Akash

13. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

what goes up must come down and vice versa

14. echord

echord New Member

^ aha fantacies developed ooo laalaa baby

15. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

does e in ur name stand for erection

16. Morbid_Angel

Morbid_Angel Sid the sloth

By The Judge.

@echord
    Taking many of ure posts in consideration. We have to come to the conclusion that you are a n00b and will always be a n00b. So better stop posting crap.

@cumming soon
    Taking ure posts in consideration. We have to come to the conclusion that you simply rock man. Go on posting and dont think bout what people think of you.

Well im a bit partial aint i?

17. Iraqita_EP

Iraqita_EP New Member

+100000000000000000000000000000000

18. cumming soon

cumming soon Banned

thanks arnold . ur blessings were what were needed for me to keep going .and who are WE ?

19. Morbid_Angel

We, the jury mon ami !

20. Morbid_Angel

what do u mean by zat?