Where do i get this?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by yazi, Apr 18, 2007.

1. yazi

yazi Banned

I got a squier california strat and i lost the wrench that u use to adjust the string height( Action). Where can I buy another one?

2. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

If its a regular Allen (L) key you'll get it at a decent hardware store. Don't buy the set. just ask for the size you need. you'll have to figure out what size that is

should be around 1.5-2.0 mm range. get both

3. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

Jus go buy a big set of allen keys!

4. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

That strat bridge uses very small keys, different from a Floyd. And those sets are crap. You torque them thrice and they're history. Ask for singles, the ones with the gauges (and/or brand) engraved on them. I've been using a floyd pair for over a year and it shows no sign of wearing

5. yazi

yazi Banned

Well the outside diameter is just less than 3mm and inside is just less than 1mm. What should I ask for? I forgot whether the wrench turned from inside or outside?

6. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

Geez, how'd you manage to measure the inside? it's so cramped in there But yeah that's the one you want, the inside. I'm assuming its hex shaped

7. yazi

yazi Banned

Its more of a guesserement. And yes, the inside is hex shaped.

8. tallkien

tallkien DIY GURU

you need to measure the largest dia inside. from point to point, not edge to edge. Not sure but I think it should be 1- 1.5 mm, buy both

9. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Get the whole BUNCH of ALLEN keys!

The whole set costs usually aound Rs100-150

10. laneymaney

laneymaney Banned

I paid like 300 for mine....i got like 15 keys lol