Where are the Metal Fans ???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by thecoolone, Dec 2, 2004.

1. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

@jay

def leppard are still rockin'
    they should have been of ur list of aging rocker

2. thecoolone

@jayant

dude with regards to Megadeth v Metallica i agree with you !!
    metallica were able to get their intial breaks thanks to mustaines BAD ASS atitude
    he was the one who got metallica noticed and on The NO LIFE TILL LEATHER tape
    most of the songs were his and then they were copied in Kill 'em All inspite of mustaine saying not to do so !!

MEGADETH RULEZ ALL THE WAY !!!!

3. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

megadeth sure is better, but i don't wanna shit abt metallica..
    i listen to Rust In Peace every morning while bathing.

n that by the tuning down thing..sure i was talking abt those nu-shital bands trying to make feel heavy (as i did say)..not abt tuning down for the vocalist..

4. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

@ Menon :- Thats My Views.. If my views are questioned, it truns into an arguement Right?? Metallica Was all about Dave Mustaine and Jason Newsted and Late Cliff Burton.. Nowhere i have noticed the VERSATILE James Hetfield and Kirk Hammet.. Lars was Ok.. But a band needs to have a certain amount of respect and a little positive attitude towards the rest of the world.. Not like Metallica.. When St.Anger DVD was given away Free.. The Website Read "Metallica, Doing what it does best" for that offer.. Man How much more can anyone exagerate?? Also Go thru Jason Newsted's Departure from Metallica.. He was restricted and confined to Metallica.. He wasnt allowed to Chill out with Other Musicians when Jaymz HEtfield Did a Song with "JA RULE" How Bad is that.. Havent you heard of this "Give respect,Take Respect".. They got respect as long as they gave the same..

@ The Cool One "- I dont know if you were Sarcastic about the Def LEpard thing.. But they were a great band..

Fact : And coming to Def Lepard.. That band actually brought out all possible drun techniques of the Hi Hat..

5. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

@ everyone who's in the Metallica vs Megadeth mode

Personally having been part of numerous Iron Maiden vs Metallica debates, I think such band comparisons are totally useless. Sure, jay prefers Megadeth and Menon prefers Metallica (hope i got that rite). That doesn't make either band better or worse. And Mustaine was fired from metallica because of his drug problem and different vision and philosophy. And his absence or presence doesn't make a band better or worse either. Both metallica and Megadeth have made amazing music and now have drifted through different paths and hence have become impossible to compare. While Megadeth remained somewhat true to their original fans, metallica have changed their outlook and have a new fan base.

Just my $0.02.

6. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

Yeah I guess i have to agree with essi ... both the bands have their niche in terms of music and fans ... a little tough on both to be comparing ...

:rock:

7. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dave rocks.. metallica woulda been a much much greater band if they had stuck with dave..

here is a snippet from dave mustaine's bio:

1981 found Dave looking to join or start a band, and he answered a newspaper ad placed by one Lars Ulrich, a drummer, and his singer/guitarist friend James Hetfield. Upon receiving directions to the house where Lars and James were living, Dave brought all his guitar equipment over, plugged in, and started warming up. Lars and James just watched for a while. Nervous, Dave asked "so are we jamming, or what?" Lars and James were so impressed just by Dave's warmup, they merely nodded and said "you've got the job," and thus (with the later addition of bassist Ron McGovney) Metallica, in its first incarnation, was born.

J

8. tejas

tejas ..........

Wow, where did you get that? Anyway, i've always liked Megadeth more than Metallica, but i dont think we all need to argue anymore. Some like Metallica, some like Megadeth, lets just leave it at that. Move on people..

9. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

True dude, and that was one interesting snippet to read:) I cant decide between metallica and megadeth, i like both very much. Two great bands.

10. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

The New fan base just doesnt include me.. And anyone with Bad attitude , I dont like.. Thats me 0.02$

11. thecoolone

why is talk of metallica still going on ??? they were good ! i agree but that was at one point of time, now they are not that good to say the least so lets just leave it at that!

There are soooo many other bands that we can talk about Iron Maiden, Judas Priest,
    Dream Theater, and many more lets talk about them shall we ???

12. death angel

death angel the messenger from hell

Present...

13. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

haha , i ve seen many getting frustrated like this at metallica's appreciation ... and it juss gives me a laugh in a funny sense ...

but one is for sure , a band like metallica is never to be forgotten - it has surely created an impact on many including me ...

others are nice too but metallica rocks ;)

thread moved to music talk !!!

14. thecoolone

wow tat was a post after ages.....

15. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

lol tejas.i thought tool were ur fav!
    and there is no way tool r a thrash band[i know their exact genre has been a subject of constant bickering!]

16. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

speed metal rules!
    itd be cool if sumone could post some more running wild or racer x reviews

17. wolfblitz

wolfblitz New Member

definitely megadeth!
    bear in mind im a metallica fan too but id put mustaine above hetfield any day!
    tornado of souls!!!!!!!!!

18. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

I used to be a huge metal fan sometime in school- those of you from Delhi would remember the great source of underground metal..Clydes..sigh! Liked some thrash, most goth and black metal but not symphonic metal, somehow- too gay-sounding :) (just my opinion, no offense meant!)
    Listen to a lot more now..lots of jazz fusion and stuff but still like a few bands a lot...Friedman-era Megadeth, Anathema, Amorphis, Cradle of Filth, Paradise Lost etc etc. BOught Cynic's Focus on sale yesterday!

19. mad_man

mad_man oo my god kill Em all

why is talk of metallica still going on ???
    may be this would help

"Metallica is the 7th biggest selling act in American history. "

now u can guess that how much guya have heared them

you just cant get enough of them
    :rock: metallica rulz :rock:

20. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Clydes-C76 Palika Bazare :nw:
    I get all my tshirts from them ;)