Where are the Metal Fans ???

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by thecoolone, Dec 2, 2004.

1. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

oh okay....i'll give it a try...

2. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

Oh By THe Way :eek:fftopic:

3. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

yes definetly,,,i m a metal fan...is britney spears a metal singer...hahaha

4. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Britney spears, aaaaaaaaarggggggggghhhhh:shock: How can you even mention her name here? Blasphemy!!!!

5. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

what about christina agulaira....

6. d_ist_urb_ed

Oh yeah, her too. I know that someone mentioned that they liked her. But talking about them in HERE, in a METAL FANS thread is absolute blasphemy:):p:

7. jayanth

Guys Britney and Christina are :eek:fftopic:

8. thecoolone

thecoolone Judas Priest My Guide

LOL like Duuuhh :p:

9. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

but i like them both..... :eek::

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

this is the 21st century. metal is passe. i was a metal head in the 80s and early 90s, u know new wave of british heavy metal and all that. I started losing interest around the time metallica released the black album.. it was downhill for metallica from there.. I moved on to milder genres too .

11. jayanth

@ Jayswami - Which do you relate METAL only to MEtallica?? :p:

12. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

dude u got me wrong, in fact i was into judas priest motorhead etc.. u know nwobhm
    i used metallica black album example for timeline reference , that album also marks the change of that band from a metal band to a country pop band :)

Jay

13. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

The genre is called "Thrash" if i am not mistaken ... :)

14. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Thrash is different from NWOBHM... The New Wave of Brit Heavy Metal refers to a particular group of superb British Metal bands which lead to the revival of Heavy Metal in the music scene.

But you CAN say that Metallica have changed from Thrash metal to Trash Metal.

15. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

Metallica Was Inspired By Nwobhm..when They Started Off..
    Am I Evil,whiplash,sucking My Love...etc Were The Songs Covered By Metallica ...which Were All Composed By Motorhead,diamond Head ...
    Etc...so Metallica Themselves Are An Extension Of The Bhm....
    Only More Agrresive,faster And Heavier Than Their Influences..which Was A Long Time Ago Though..

16. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Ok ..I dunno much about diffrentiating between different types of metal...:eek::
    can u guyz help me out here?.........
    eg. what is Melodic Metal?..do some of Metallica's mellower nos. qualify as that?

17. d_ist_urb_ed

Yeah, i could use some help in differentiating between genres too. Waiting for a reply.
    And @essi-'trash' metal, LOL.

18. Demonstealer

Demonstealer New Member

all you punks go and listen to the following bands

Blind Guardian
    Nightwish
    Katatonia
    Kamelot
    Lost Horizon
    Dimmu Borgir
    Children Of Bodom
    Lacuna Coil

will restore all your faith in everything.

19. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

:mad:

READ MY SIGNATURE.

20. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Saying Metal is passe is ridiculous. Metal in its 80s form may be passe (although I'm a staunch supporter of 80s metal), but newer bands are reviving metal from the stagnant 90s. Bands like Killswitch Engage, Lamb Of God, Dimmu Borgir, Children Of Bodom, Arch Enemy, Nile, Kalmah, Katatonia and Nightwish just to name a few are extremely talented metal acts.

And saying NWOBHM is gone is even more ridiculous than your previous claim. Why? Because a lot of the NWOBHM bands are still around. Black Sabbath is coming out with a new album next year. Dio's Master Of The Moon was an amazing record. Iron Maiden's Dance Of Death is a kick in the face to anyone who claimed Maiden are dead and the mighty Judas Priest now reunited with Halford are set to release a new record in January.

Make no mistake, the metal machine is alive and ready to kick your ass.