When do the prices come down in US musical instrument sites?

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by D_minor7, Aug 26, 2008.

1. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

hi guys,
    i have done a lot of research and finally deceide on an american deluxe stratocaster HSS.Its kind of very versatile and would suit most genres except out and out metel..it costs a ton about $1200 and i heard from somebody that you get real good discounts at musicians friend/zzsounds at the end of the year....can u give me an idea about when the sales start?...and how long does it take to deliver?....and do comment about my choice of axe...

2. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Labor day sale, GC anniversary sale, 4th of July sale, Thanksgiving are some seasons where there are price-markdowns in US. Not too sure if it happens for musical instruments or not. You will have to keep checking the sites daily.

You have quite a few options for delivery to India. UPS, Fedex are the safest since they offer point-to-point package-brokering services and shipment-tracking.Do talk to the shipper before.

Delivering directly to India?? Don't try that unless you know the ins-and-outs of customs, and are ready to pay a hefty customs duty. Or u know someone in customs. I know of quite a few people who have been bitten.

It would be excellent if someone you knew is in US and can play the guitar and try it out. These people do try to push store-display pieces and all the crap in shipping.

3. D_minor7

D_minor7 New Member

no no i am getting it via somebody..so thats not a problem...

4. thepacifist2013

thepacifist2013 V.I.P Member

Ok. then thanksgiving would be the next season sale I think.
    Keep checking out the GC/MF site for details