whats your brand of music?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by jamhead, Feb 15, 2005.

?

choose your poison :-

1. classic/retro rock

11.1%
  2. post 80ies rock

11.1%
  3. pop and/or dance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. hindi film music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. vernacular (indian languages) music

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. metal (any type of including nu)

11.1%
  7. dylan, simon & garfunkel, cohen, joan baez etc

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. country and/or folk

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. a combination of genres [pls specfy the combo]

55.6%
  10. none of the above [please specify the exact genre(s)]

11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

whats your STAPLE brand of music?

what sort of a music buff are you ??

most likely you dig more than one genre, but whats ur STAPLE and/or FAVOURITE ?

for those who choose "a combo" or "none of these" please add a post to specify exactly which type(s) you are into.

others voters are also most welcome to post :D

2. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

i listen 2 music depending on my mood like if im up late in the night i love lisin 2 marvin gayes songs or like she will be loved or the reason or u know slow jams another example nelly's over and over again or my place.
    but other times i prefer lisnin 2 songs which hve faster beats like GUNS N ROSES OR NAZ
    and as im a full paki i love paki music all of it.
    SO IT JUST DEPENDS ON MY MOOD

3. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

you dont give a rat's azz about punctuation and grammar do you?

but thanks for posting and voting.

4. axlrose250

axlrose250 New Member

would u believe i take english language as an alevel subject :p: :p:
    and no prob bout the postin man

5. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Guns N' Roses, AC/DC, Aerosmith, Lynyrd Skynyrd, there all under my belt. I dont know where all these fit in your poll.

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

with the exception of Lynyrd Skynyrd you listen to mainly hard rock. in the case of this poll its post80s. (if you mean post1980, if you mean post 1989 then nope).

And I would further go onto say that your going to have to specify 'Classic/Retro Rock' since that would be bands like Cream, The Jimi Hendrix Experience, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd etc and not bands like AC/DC, Aerosmith, Guns'n'Roses, Motorhead etc.

There is a clear cut change in sound between the 50's, 60s/70s and then the 80s and then the 90s/00s.

7. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

though mostly thrash/speed/death metal. I listen to other genres too. Just listening to one artist/genre all the time turns out boring at some point.

8. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

i listen to about 7/10 types listed here but this thread is about "staple" genre......so i went for "post 80ies"

you come across as "primarily" a metal guy... why didnt you vote to convey as much?

9. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Yeah.. agree wid MR.Scary here.... I like metal & classic/retro stuff but like, I can trip out to sounds like Enigma someday or nething which sounds good

10. jayswami

jayswami Blue J

there is no all of the above option. mine is not a combo. its more like all of the above plus more.

11. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

Please Read This Post

"all of the above" is also "combo", .. a big combo maybe....

would be voters please remember that "a combo" here, means a "combo of STAPLE" genres........ just listenning to 10 kinds of music dont merit choosing this option.... choose "combo" only if you listen to 2 or more of the listed types A LOT and in comparable measure..... if you like ONE genre PRIMARILY but also listen to every other kind of music on the planet, your vote should stil go for that genre and not for "combination"

12. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

I like alll of the above except heavy meatal....*yawn*....:):)

13. jamhead

jamhead Unknown Legend

are you into each of the above (apart from metal ) to such an extent that they all qualify as your "staple" genre ???!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.