What was the very first o/s you used ...

Discussion in 'Computer Forum' started by bob-bobby, May 11, 2005.

1. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

i remember working on dos way back somewhere early 90s ....

2. zoomingrocket

zoomingrocket TeChNiCaL AdMiNiStRaToR

It was DOS in our schools.. with all Black & White Computers!
    There was this one colour monitor computer having Windows 95... and we werent allowed to use it ever.. Atleast till date, i left the school!

On DOS, we were taught Typing Master, BASIC, Wordstar, TURTLE, DBASE, etc...
    The most funny & enjoying of all was TURTLE..
    Typing Master was like a daily routine... nothing in store.. and we were made to sit and type and have comparisions with our friends!

I got my personal computer much later in my 1st year of college!
    As usual, the assemble guy had put on Windows 98... :grin:
    Within two months, i ransacked it and got XP Pro & Red Hat 7.2 in dual boot!
    And since then, i havent looked back!

Currently my system has Win9x>Win XP Pro>Win 2k3 Server>Suse Linux 9.1 in Quadruple Setup!
    My next attempt is to have the current setup, plus a different flavour of LINUX Installed!

I just love playing with Hardware!

REgards,
    Zooom...!!

3. Addy Pant

Addy Pant Highway Star

The first OS I was a Windows 95 on my uncle's new comp. But the first one I used was my own Windows 98 on my brand new comp that came in 1998.

4. bob-bobby

bob-bobby Extinct or Banned!

lol zoom , you made me remember good old days !!! gone are those DOS days :)

5. light_of_erindi

light_of_erindi New Member

MS-DOS.....hehe....i remember fiddleing around in BASIC and DART.....Wolfenstein-3D ...first 3D game i ever played was on DOS :):)....Now it's been 6 years since i've had the DOOM source code....how time flies by....i didn't know ID software wud get this big one day....they totally rule the 3D games world nowadays....

6. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

dos for me

well if you go back a bit further then it was the Commodore 64 o/s :)

7. cYpHeR

cYpHeR Banned

dos for me too...

8. ronnieanand

ronnieanand n00bier th@n th0u

Sun Solaris in a Sparc Ultra 10 Work Station. Didn't know where to begin with and what to do.

9. cool_is_rule

cool_is_rule Lead Guitarist

I used WIN 95 1st ................

cOoL iS :rule: