What to play when somone tells u to play the guitar????

Discussion in 'Guitar Tablature Discussion' started by r@zor2, Apr 7, 2009.

1. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

2. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

btw, do you want to hear my whitewash cover? :p

3. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

i was damn bored with the c chord sweep picking thing then i thought of some yngwie stuff(im no big fan of yngwie). Actually i think the harmonic minor will sound good if sweep picked

4. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

ooooohhh sure even im thinking of puttin up a whitewash cover but i guess it will suck cause i have no delay

5. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

actually whitewash sounds awesome even without delay. just use clean tone + kinda high bass and low mids and treble a bit less than bass + bridge humbucker + reverb

6. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

I only have S-S-S california series squier but it sounds good on Neck pickup and im using reverb ill see if i can record something

7. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

cool. what amp do you have?
    btw, how long are you playing and what's your age? :p

8. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

I have a Stranger NS30E 40W (i think its 30W) i was eventually not really happy with it but after i put in D'Addario strings it seems to be much better :)
    I have been playing for about an year and Im self taught
    im 17 :)
    you?

9. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

me too. 17. i have the acoustic guitar since the last 2 years. got electric 4 months back and tbh, it sounds funny, but i started "playing" and "improving" only after i got the electric. for 2 years i played crap like happy birthday and baba blackship and things like that on my acoustic. 4 months back i got electric and after getting it i suddenly improved a lot.

the first song i learnt to play is Sweet Child O' Mine

and yeah i am self taught too :)

10. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

LOL happy bday and baa baa black sheep :) yeah me too i kinda used to suck with the bends and hammer ons and stuff ( i hate those on the acoustic)i improved on my bends only after i got the electric and after i listened to some slash and Hendrix and lately i can stretch a lot more after playing Whitewash :)
    Cheers
    Anirudh

11. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

sry i got my guitar 5 months back. and i never knew what ate hammer ons and pull offs until i got my electric. the only things i knew about guitar when i got my electric are-

how to tune it (electronic tuner :p)
    how to hold the pick
    ideal guitar position
    and a few open position chords like C, D, E, G, A. i never knew there are F and B chords LOL
    and a few nursery rhymes

so after getting the electric, it was like a completely fresh start for me. thanks to IGT, Youtube and a few of my friends who taught me some nice techniques.

now i am concentrating more on lead guitar playing coz i know many rhythm guitarists but very very few lead guys.

12. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

In 4 months if u can play Big Sur Moon like that .......*whistle*
    Yeah ppl try to avoid lead cause its tough .............which guitar btw?

13. mad_spartan

mad_spartan New Member

arey Big Sur Moon is easy. i have Ibanez GRG170DX

14. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

yeah i was gonna get that guitar but he was out of stock and i was anxious to lay my hands on an electric so i bought my California Squier i like it its good BUT u have two humbuckers thats cool ( I wish i had a les paul *sigh* next time maybe)

15. r@zor2

r@zor2 New Member

OK i need favour what licks do u normally play when u pick up the guitar or do something?

16. TubeAmp89

TubeAmp89 New Member

first post on forums here...
    i play random blues licks..

17. Mridumalay

Mridumalay New Member

Try IPL theme every1 will like it.

18. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

WTF!
    No one plays तुझे देखा तो यह जाना सनम ??

19. ImPeRiaL

ImPeRiaL New Member

I play we will rock you chords with singing