What r u Playin these days !!!

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by mermaid, Feb 28, 2012.

1. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

yeah the notes are pretty spot on but as you can tell, I'm clearly struggling with it still. It's in a G tuning so the chord shapes are weird, my fingers hurt at the bar and the fingerpicking would be easier on a nylon string. I will do a whole cover not very long from now...I've even kept my guitar in G just so I can't play any other song for a while (though I did discover some pretty nice chords on G)

2. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

You changed the tuning instead of using a capo? Why? I thought it's played with a capo on the third (that's G, I know)

And I loved the demo recording. The best part was the chorus. Some other places, the voice doesn't sound as flawless as it's in the song..

3. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

No, I used a capo on the third fret after changing the tuning to G. That's how he does it on the original as far as I know. I'm working on the whole thing now so maybe I can post it soon...but I wouldn't expect my vocals to get much better :D

4. horsesmouth

horsesmouth Active Member

Ah, no, your voice is very good, the only thing is the flow in some places, I know because I bungle up like that very often!

And third fret after changing to G? All these days I was playing it on standard tuning...
    bah!

5. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening