what is the necessary information one needs to know before buying a guitar

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by Harsh Kumar, Nov 4, 2005.

1. Harsh Kumar

Harsh Kumar The Official IGT Jester

i am buyin a guitar but dont know wat a

humbucker pickup is? :think:
    why is the vaccume tube amp so expensive? :think:
    wat is floyd rose? :think:
    why are seymour duncan pickups so damn expensive? :think:
    why is this stuff so expensive in india ? :think:
    why is it so cheap in dubai? :think:
    is bharat music house better than the bhargavas? :think:

People :help: help me out and dont let me throw money on s#it

TIA

2. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

Ummm.. *IMO*, ur qn looks like Im gona buy a comb and B4 buyin I wanna know terms like hair drier n gel n stuff and further comparing their prices across countries

....buy a decent comb and then take time to get the accessories!
    Where on earth is bharat music house and where is other one?????????? Noooo ideaz.

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

A Humbucker is a term used for double single-coiled pickups...
    A Vacuum Tube Amp is just plain boring to use now...

A floyd rose helps to keep your guitar tuned, as it locks the strings

Hey, have you bought a guitar yet??? Go ahead, look and feel them up... play with 'em... and then you'll know which one to hook up with...

Shit, that sounded bad

4. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

humbucker pickups--the pickups are too sensetive...so they amplify all noises even useless electronic noises, and this noise is audible as hums. the humbucker pickups do not amplify these noises.

floyd rose--it is a kind of a vibrato. i think it is manufavtured only by Fender

dunno about rest

5. vini

vini Repeat Offender

bharat in delhi and bhargavas in mumbai..

if im not not mistaken

6. dharmatma

dharmatma Banned

*SMACKS HEAD READING ALL THE REPLIES*

im gonna answer qs which make sense.

humbuckers ..to explain would take a long time..so i will just say somethin in brief abt it.
    Humbuckers get their common name because they amplify less of hum they basically have two standard single-coil magnetic pickups, usually side by side.Using two coils also affects the tone of the guitar. The output to the amplifier is twice as powerful....

floyd rose is a string locking system.so even when u use the whammy bar extensively it still manages to remain in tune.it is a seperate company which manufactueres these bridges.

vaccum tube amps are amps which use vaccum tubes..these tubes cost a lot of money..but the sound u get from these amps is what many ppl look for hence willing to pay so much for them.

7. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

same here man.......

and btw Bhargava's is better than Bharat music house anyday....( if ur gonna get a guitar....dunoo bout drums and all )

and
    Q. WHY is this and that expensive........?

Ans. Dunoo man....wait do this ...go and mail SEYMORE DUNCAN and ask them if they cud give U their pickups for free....coz the way ur thinking i dont think they want 2 make any profit making the pickups ....

8. dennis

dennis The Bhangra King

Tube Amps are expensive cuz they are expensive to make( i guess)..tube amps are nice for rock, blues etc ...i not for metal..get solid states for metal. Anyways ud have to be freaking rich( rather not as poor as most of us guitarists are) to get a Tube amp.

Pickups..well, its the same reason y Action shoes are cheaper than Nike.

Stuff is expensive in India cuz the music shops here have to import stiff, there are no Ibanez guitar shops of sorts.. so shops like Bhargavas and Bharat have to pay the excessive duties levied on them by the government, hence QED

9. nebuchadnezzar

nebuchadnezzar G34r G33k

Seymours are not the only costly pickups..most of the brands like Dimarzio,Fender,Gibson,Bill Lawrence are all in the $60-$100 range.They are definitely better than the run of the mill Korean pickups you get for $20..
    So yeah, its like a Nike or Adidas vs Action shoes...you pay more for better performance as well as for the brand name.

Tube amps are costlier to make..the circuits run at pretty high voltages..also tubes are almost solely used for music industry now..in electronics they have been long replaced by solid state devices.

Only way to get stuff cheap..get someone to bring it down from the States or Dubai..

10. first tell me u wanna buy aguitar or just the accessories ,if u buy a guitar then u buy the acce.. then may be i could do something

11. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

Flyod rose usually refers to the bridge which dharmatma talked about, they also make guitars...
    y pick on SDs.....EMGs, Gibs,Fenders, etc are costly too.....which someone alredy mentined
    anyways......

12. .:SpY_GaMe:.

.:SpY_GaMe:. New Member

[​IMG]
    make sure the guitar is not too small for u

sorry bobby but this guitar seems to b a bit too small for u

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2017