What is the first song you ever learned?

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by d_ist_urb_ed, Nov 19, 2004.

1. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Many of our members have come a long way in playing the guitar. I just got this thought yesterday, and i wanted to post a new thread about it. What was the first song you ever learned to play perfectly on the guitar? It could be a complete song or just a piece of music. But something that you managed to play perfectly, and something which instilled in you the confidence to go on. Me, i got the tabs of All apologies by Nirvana off a site, and i sat and nailed it down. You should have seen me after i learnt it:) Anyways, so that's that, btw, this is also my 100th post, so congratulate me :p:

2. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

Last kiss by pearl jam...

3. Hotel California...eagles

4. Lizard_King

Lizard_King New Member

some really basic stuff.... come as u are - nirvana

5. Menon

Menon New Member

Brimful of Asha- Cornershop
    In the jungle- REM
    Come as U Are
    Eye of the Tiger-Survivor
    Sorry for the verbal Diarrhoea..I've written abt it in another thread..so excuse pls!!
    Cheerio
    Menon

6. apratim.mitra

apratim.mitra You can call me apro

First complete song ...

Hotel California - Eagles arranged for one guitar - my all-time favourite

first piece on the guitar ...

Bryan Adams - Summer of '69 ... ( fingerpluck intro on D,Dsus2 and Dsus4 )

7. lord_neo

lord_neo Guest

Mine was, Santana Feat Everlast - Put your lights on.

8. ananth222

ananth222 Beginner

First complete song I learnt (first song that I could play it from start to finish correctly without mistakes):
    Ode to joy - Beethoven
    I learnt it completely from tabs and developed my own finger picking style to play it completely - no other help! :D next was bourree by Bach

9. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

hey ananth, that's cool... you're into classics too... have you heard this Fantasie Impromptu by Chopin?

The first song I tried playing was an oversimplified version of Godfather theme... the first proper song I could play was hotel california by eagles.

10. gautam_njoy

gautam_njoy New Member

mit b am compkete amatuer ...
    my first song dat i learnt to tab was ddlj song...
    all have learnt such gr8 songs.. i feel inferior ..
    but then to be true i was completely exstatic when i learnt to play the song....
    i wont ever forget the song and to play it...

11. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

Everyone starts out as an amateur gautam, you progress as you go along. To be frank i started out with Twinkle twinkle little star:) Hotel california seems to a favorite with beginners. I never really tried to play it, sounded too darn difficult. Anyways, still waiting for others to reply:)

12. maverick8218

maverick8218 New Member

May be this'll make you feel a lil better, gautam... I started out with papa kehte hai, got the tabs from IGT but couldn't get the verses so decided to drop it. tried jaadu teri nazar, got it almost right except for the instrumental piece, went on to chords and after a herculian effort got last kiss right. And anybody will tell ya, its one of the easiest songs to be played on the guitar. so, there's nothing wrong with pickin up an easy song, just try n perfect it that's all...

13. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

first was enter sandman by metallica or probably when you say nothing at all..by ronan keating..

14. DesiPride143

DesiPride143 BEHAVE!

hmm...first song i nailed was "my own prison" - creed

15. DrSaurabh

DrSaurabh Wh@+s Up D0C

1st GNR-knockin on heavans door....
    2nd ode to joy with power chords :)
    1st piece first solo from KNHD

16. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

Mine was ^^^ Knockin' On Heavens door - GN'R

First Solo was some green day song frgt the name....

17. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

First Complete Song as a Lead Guitarist - One - Metallica
    First One As A Rhythem Guitarist - Knocking On Heavens Door
    As Drummer - Holy Wars - Megadeth
    As Bassie - YYZ - Rush

18. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

I actually learnt Silent Night Bodom Night on drums before Holy wars..

19. death_metal_fan

death_metal_fan oh goody, it's a woody!

Same here. First complete song I learnt on electric guitar was One by Metallica. The last solo (not the fast one...the short one after that which both guitars play) was annoying the hell out of me because I just couldn't get it right.

The first riff I ever tried to learn was Master of Puppets. I was frustrated because I couldn't play it at speed. Took me a few months to get the speed.

The first solo I ever learnt was the intro to Welcome Home (Sanitarium)

I envy you having a drumkit. I can play drums but don't have enough to purchase one. I'm saving up for a TAMA Stagestar.

20. Frozen Flame

Frozen Flame New Member

i learnd hamesha by e.p