what is the easiest way to tune guitar?

Discussion in 'Beginner's Q&A Forum' started by ijlal, Jun 22, 2004.

1. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

hi all..

i just started on an accoustic guitar...i want to know the easiest and simplest method to tune it..also if there are some software to tune a accoustic guitar then please do let me know...

regards.

2. guns n roses

guns n roses Pro Guitarist

try tuning your guitar by ear. First u'll know how 2 tune next time and also it really gets u pumped. I always tune my first 2 strings. then move on down. Tune it so when you play

----2----
    ----0---- on any string. Its clean and sounds nice. then work down using this chord on all the strings. OR you can go out and spend 15 - 20$ on a tuner. The recommeded tuner is probably a basic Korg Tuner with working LED's which sell for like $15 maybe $20. Well thats it.

3. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

Guitar Pro 4 has a pretty handy tuner... but u'll need a mike in ur computer for it...

The best way is to tune by ear... just find same ntes on different strings and tune accordingly.

4. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

there's nothing easy in this world....

5. 6String_assasin

6String_assasin The Painkiller

neway i find it easier n more accurate to tune with harmonics....already explained that in an earlier post...

6. jayanth

jayanth <.: : Call Quits : :.>

You get tuners for less than 2000 Rs.. At Musicians Friend.. Check them out..

7. jijo

jijo New Member

Arre, Buy a Blow tuner for less than 60 rs ( in India).you can buy either ,one for all the six strings or simply a single one which tunes the sixth string (E),the thickest one and the rest ,u can do it by the regular 5th fret play.

8. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

thanks all..
    regards.

9. rabi_sultan

rabi_sultan <Bulla Ki Jana>

do u mean
    ----2----
    ---------
    ----0----

or
    ----2----
    ----0----

coz the first way would give you the octave.

as for the question by the poster, if your a beginner you really need to get a guitar tuner its the simplest way to not only tune to the standard tuning but any other altered tunings you want.

10. jayanth

jayanth &lt;.: : Call Quits : :.&gt;

Just incase you go to a music store dont ask for a Blow Tuner ask for a PITCH PIPE.. It will be easier for him..

11. ijlal

ijlal The B chord

thanks all for ur great help........
    i downloaded a guitar tuner software...." Guitar FX Box 2.6" and it has a very good tuner ..i easily managed to set the original frequency of all strings. For other new guitar players i would suggest them to use this software as guitar tuner.
    thanks again...
    regards

12. jayanth

Welcomes.. But you can try some more softwares which Prash sughgested in previous threads.. I'm searching them..

13. guns n roses

hey "rabi" guy i meant --2-- thats how i tune but yea tuners are easier for beginners.
    --0--

ear training makes you a better player by trying to learn songs by ear. Im not talking about ear tuning. But it can help.

14. jayanth

How can you remember the pitch of an E or e?? If you do then you are totally insane.. Cause its highly impossible to know how high an E is.. So i use a tuner to tune my E and e and then tune up the B and G and Tune down the A and D strings by ear..

15. esgallindeion

esgallindeion Minstrel Knight

thats how i also do and most other people...

16. jayanth

Can you remember an E?? I actuall do.. What i do is get my Nothing else matters Pitch on my Voice and tune the guitar.. I got really close to the E..

17. guns n roses

fine mock me of my tuning ways....... :( lol

18. jayanth

Not mocking you.. I want an answer.. can you remember the pitch of the E and e in your mind.. and can tune a guitar when you are given one??