what guitar does Santana use??

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by UjSen, Dec 2, 2005.

1. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

What guitar does Santana use??? :rock: :rock: :think:

2. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

PRS custom 24...

3. Alfons

Alfons C.F.H

PRS guitars..even tremonti uses them

4. har1s

har1s <b>Untitled</b>

^^^mostly seen his pics with PRS custom 24....not sure abt other PRS guitars....

Attached Files:

5. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Its not a custom 24....its a Santana Signature PRS.
    The horns are different...shorter and more like a SG or Les Paul Special
    Also the top bookmatching, carve, neck radius, neck profile, pickups and tremolo design are different from a Custom 24.
    He has played a Les Paul and an SG in the past

6. shak

shak Harrr!

^finally someone who knows his guitars .. though i think this thread belongs to hardware secion .. anyway...
    santana usedto play gibson les paul ... but then he was approached by the young budding luthier paul reed smith .. who gave santana someof his prototypes .. santana loved them and finally when PRS company got among the high rollers, santana was offered the deal .. his very own custom designed line of prs guitars ..
    santana designed his own guitar, of course, with the PRS designers, and there they had it ...the santana custom guitar .. its not custom 24 or anything .. it PRS santana custom model ..
    the guitars he use are made specifically for him .. the wood comin from paul's own private wood stash .. the neck being solid brazillian rosewood (very rare)
    then i think it was 2003 or 2002 when santana launched another one of his PRS santana line, at the NAAM show .. these santana's were to be called SE II and were quite cheap (from PRS's standards) .. made in korea but still worth every penny ..,
    santana even used on of these SE IIs live in one of his concerts ..
    so there you have .. a brief history as i know ..

7. shak

shak Harrr!

sorry double post ..

8. UjSen

UjSen *#!EVIL*!!

by cheap you mean???