What gear do you use??

Discussion in 'Guitar Gear Talk Forum' started by dennis, Jan 9, 2005.

1. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

@scary....wow....dimarzio pickups.

2. shak

shak Harrr!

not only dimarzio..but dimarzio freds...sweet>mighty>skull cracking

3. Mr. Scary

Mr. Scary Bass-tard Child

yeah its being customized for me. and its not raping my walet because its not even ESP thats customizing it for me. My cousin found a guitar dealer than simply modifies discontinued ltds.

yes the guitar originally comes with HZs but i hate those damn POS, so ordered replacments. Also all the Liceneced Floyd rose birdges are crap and go out of tune easily. My friend (who does the most craziest whammies ever) reccomended i get a schaller, he says not even once has he gone out of tune with a schaller.

btw the guitar is only costing me $570 dollars...like i said, not raping my wallet at all.

what IS raping my wallet is the 5150 and Line 6 cabintet.

Sharukh i love the fred, because i tend to sweep on the neck pickup. The smooth creamy tone is just perfect for what i intend to do with it. The dimarzio X2N however is the IDEAL high output metal pickup for crushing riffs.

I CANT WAIT!!!

4. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Hmmm i thought 5150 heads were 120W...

And why do you use a Metal zone if you have a 5150? the amp was made for heavy distortion!

5. Mr. Scary

my mistake, yes i rechecked it its a 120 Watt amp. sorry i got confused with my friend's 5150 which is actually a tube combo amp which is 60 watts.

im buying the metal zone for my other amp. the 5150 was meant for band practice, its definitley overkill if i play it in my own house, my parents will kick me out.

6. Mr. Scary

i cant wait because ive never owned the 5150 head and i dont know what to expect. All i ever played was the combo amp based on the 5150 head.

7. fictional_real

fictional_real Pyaasi Jawani

you guitars for good price....i mean worth it,

8. h4f0n

h4f0n New Member

Have you tried out the metal zone? If not then dont get fooled by the name, IMO the pedal sucks. I hate mine....but oh well, until i get a new amp i'll have to bare with it.

And if your into metal and heavy stuff u'll be happy with the 5150, its like the standard amp for metal. Most bands have one these days, relatively cheap and good
    :rockon:

9. Mr. Scary

i didnt mind it that much. im more excited about the GNX workstation

10. shak

shak Harrr!

get a marshall jackhammer...

11. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Well I Have used the Metal Zone A couple of times I know it has its bad points .. But I Think its one of the Best "METAL" Distrotions made by Boss .. I think It gives some great bass tones specially if like playing Speed Metal .. DOD Death Medal Pedal Sucks & Boss Heavy Metal HM 2 - 2 is not half as good as the metal zone ... If u like playing Metal & speed MT-2 is pedal for you ...

12. ninad77

ninad77 New Member

Hey Rabi ,

Ur strat looks great I have played one like urs With Humbuker on bridge postion well the tone was awsome but it did not have the strat feel.. I guess 3 single coils make the strat really special .. I have just I got 87 Epiphone Guitar Pick up conf is just like ur Strat but tone way different from the strat I guess its due to the cavity in cuts of both guitars.
    Now I m some planning to use GK-2 Pick up since a friend is letting me use his VG 88 & I belieave the VG 88 Sounds great with the GK2 pick up & off course there is lot more u can do with processor .. Let Me know if there are draw backs of the pick up...I planning to to put it on Cheap second hand Squire Affinty Strat ... or may be the epiphone ...