What do u Think of JUNOON ?

Discussion in 'Music Talk' started by JAZZ, Mar 31, 2005.

1. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

well junoon is the Predominantly the Best Rock Band ever in Pakistan ,or may b Asia.... they hav their journey of 15 yrs ...
    n hav the best musicians in pakistan...
    Guitars (salman ahmed) , Groove (brian, mekaal haasan)...Vocals (ali) ...

Junoon is the true band which reached the International Level ....without any publicity...even remaining Banned for 2 times on The national Channel...
    they hav made the new genre of Rock called SUFI-ROCK...combination
    of western n eastern musik..having Lyrics of Great people like ALLAMA IQBAL, BULLEH SHAH , SHAH HUSSAIN , SABIR ZAFAR ....

whut do u think of this Band ....n why do u LIKE/ DISLIKE this band ?

2. shak

shak Harrr!

good guitarist ... nice compositions ... horrible vocals (not all) .... and a money making machine

3. nadish

nadish Active Member

I like some of their songs. But I REALYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY LOVEEEEEEEEEEE MEKAAL HASAN. He is just awesome, and I dont think that there is ne other Rock Band, better then Mekaal Hasan Band in history of Pakistani Rock Genre...

4. adnanshakil

adnanshakil New Member

Junoon brought a new genre of music. The perfect fusion of Sufi and Rock. Their compositions are excellent. Parvaaz contained some very very good compositions. Very good lyrics and music was very mature. Not the music that we normally are seeing these days. I believe they and strings are the only bands left that have very mature music. All the bands playing right now needs time. Time is the only factor that makes your soul and your music mature. Junoon has proved to be the best rock band of south asia, and their music proves it. Just listen to Sanwal and Sayonee.. Ghoom is the depth of their music. Heer, a masterpiece of guitar and Tabla. I believe their vision and direction of music has been right. May not be the best band but I believe that they are good enough to rock anyone. What do you say guys?

5. adnanshakil

adnanshakil New Member

No offence to any other bands or musicians. Mekaal Hasan is very very promising. I am sure he will fly very high soon. He is good. Very good indeed. No offence to any of the guys over here.

6. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

@nadish .....wut do u mean by "i really love Mekaal ".....
    do u love him as a guitarist ....or personally ???

7. Orange Guitar

Orange Guitar IGT's ALLROUNDER

Jazz@ dont get 2 personal!!! :) ... Mekaal Hasan is gud...very gud but he is famous as a guitarist....Junoon is a rock band...man i luv it....and the best band ever in Pakistani Rock!

8. Punjabi4life007

Punjabi4life007 New Member

Junoon my favorite band. And yes they are the best pakistani rock band period. But only because of Salman Ahmed since he is the song writer and composer. Most songs he wrote are very powerful and the beat is always amazing which truly turns one into a junooni. They are coming out with a new album called INFINITY. They will be releasing it this spring. I hope its the best one yet.

9. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^ yeps the Salman ahmed is the Frontman of junoon......i didnt know abt their new album.....r u sure abt it

10. adnanshakil

adnanshakil New Member

Yeah, I saw an interview in which he said that Junoon is coming up with an album in April. I hope its released soon.

11. Orange Guitar

i think Azmat is releasing his solo album...i think that there is no more junoon now....!!!

12. adnanshakil

adnanshakil New Member

Ali had been planning to release his solo album for a long time. I know Brian is out of Junoon as he has gone back to US, but I believe Salman and Ali together with session player Mekaal is still playing. I read in an article that some of the songs in the new album was recorded with Brian, means they had been planning to release this album before Brian had left for US. Infinity is gonna come out somewhere in May, if not April.

13. Quadrophenia

Quadrophenia Member

i think they're a really class band. each song has its individuality, which i think is hard to produce. Most of the bands start sounding the same after a while,dont think junoon does. Salman ahmed just rocks junoon. hes solos do the talking.

14. d_ist_urb_ed

d_ist_urb_ed Genuflect b*tches!

^Thread moved to Music Talk Forum. Any discussions related to music to be posted in the Music Talk Forum.

15. Orange Guitar

ali coming with his solo album "Social Circus"....no salman and bryan!!!

16. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

ju8noo is still together in concerts....but idont abt studio work
    ali has just released his solo DEWANA

17. Orange Guitar

i didn't see all three members in a concert.....JUNOON is no more...i m telling ya....!

18. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

^^ concerts held in Feb in Lhr n KHI

Ali ,salman , n Mekaal were together....the band is still not broken

19. Orange Guitar

acha!!!???? i didn't know abt that concert!!!!!

20. JAZZ

JAZZ New Member

okie im Confirmed the band is still together....with their upcoming album
    Infinty.....hope i wud b a New experiment from junoon