WeN i SaY ~*INDIA*~

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sanju_strings, Jan 16, 2006.

1. notty_lad

notty_lad sudo undress

Have to agree :)

A nations strength is determined not by its ability to make war .. but by its ability to prevent it .. :)

2. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

(perhaps not widely known to people outside delhi ;) )

India has the world's largest eco-friendly bus service running on Compressed Natural Gas - The DTC buses in delhi!

3. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

@sixstring...ur siggy reminds me of these

the value of PI was first calculated by an Indian
    the time earth takes to revolve around the sun was first calculated by an Indian

4. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Redundant post

5. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Sissy talk,
    Stop talking like a L00ser.

This is almost akin to old Indian saying (loosly translated to English): The end result is not important, rather how you go about to achieve it is.

In todays world BOTH are equally imporatant, you cannot downplay one.

Anyway no one took notice of my second sentence:
    Which speaks out loud n clear.

6. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

got this in a mail

38% of Doctors in America are Indians.

12% of Scientists in America are Indians.

36% of NASA employees are Indians.

34% of MICROSOFT employees are Indians

28% of IBM employees are Indians

17% of INTEL employees are Indians

13% of XEROX employees are Indians

7. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

btw...has anyone read The Inscrutable Americans--Anurag Mathur

8. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

Yes. It's the largest selling English book by an Indian.

9. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

OK I'll try to answer ur question :
    Yeah what u guessed is quite relevant -- u treat them 'differently' and most people redicule their accent/features/culture etc. I've seen people laughing out loud hearing their names. This is sick. Imagine everybudy doing the same to you everytime. U're likely to ignore their company.
    I have a lot of friends from that part -- - chances are they'll be one of those rare best friends if you treat them right.. -- and they may prefer to stay aloof but are rather quite outgoing !

... Another sick thing they wont ever nurture is the "those-chiks-are-easy-prey attitude"

... yet another thing to consider is the people esp from Manipur, Nagaland and even assam are going through a lot of communal killing and riots around their homes - we guys dont bother to understand the hardships they're really goin through - imagine a dozen people killed in ur own locality and someone u know set to fire --- only then u mite understand what their silence speaks..

conclusion: To begin with ..not only u .. convince ur friend-circle to treat them the same way as u expect urself to be treated ... & try understanding the hard times they're into ..

10. abhijitnath

Dude...please read what I wrote. I'm from Assam myself as I quite clearly mentioned and therefore I know and empathise with what they're facing. In fact, that's why I wondered what the issue is. And I quite clearly mentioned that I am aware of the prejudice that they face in larger cities and let me assure you, at no point of time have I never done any of these things.
    Incidentally, your completely uncalled-for kneejerk reaction did noone absolutely any good.

11. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

abhi .. my post was no way aimed at you (I did read u're from assam). It was nt a reaction either. Its was just my two cents to dig down on ur question. And yes when I say 'u' I meat we all guys stayin in peaceful Indian metros/cities.

12. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

but u dont look like one :think:

13. abhijitnath

That's not something I can help, no?:)
    But ppl do call me chinky quite often...or Thai.

14. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

hmm..they shud get thier eyes tested...u look like a typical bong

Thai chicks are hawt

15. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

oh yeah????

dude....id like to say something here......
    a london lady once asked swami vivekananda(a hindu spiritual leader)......
    "what have u indians done??????u have not conquered a single race!"
    swami vivekananda said...."..that is what makes us so great."
    if u look it from an englishmens point of view.........he will think that u are stupid people........uve never done anything.....not conquered a single race.....
    but if u look it FROM AN INDIANS POINT OF VIEW.......i believe that the fact we never invaded any other country......is a matter of pride......
    dude......indians are unique.......our message has been of peace.....of love......and i am proud to be an indian.........we are not slaves....read history and u shall know that when we had to fight back.....we did so.....
    jai hind
    uj:rock:

16. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

can u post sumthin pppl dun no bout pls :) n ur % r wrong 2b honest no reps 4 u ;)

17. sanju_strings

gud 1 wizzy ;) reps 4 u dude kip postin

18. sixstringsin

sixstringsin ||||||

-- Intel's pentium processor was designed and created by an Indian: Vinod Dahm
    :rock:

19. sanju_strings

ty for addin tht stuff i hope nobody new bout it :rock:

20. sanju_strings

india and china together make 37% of global population :shock: