WeN i SaY ~*INDIA*~

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by sanju_strings, Jan 16, 2006.

1. sanju_strings

sanju_strings 50 Pai$e <3V/S<3 50 CeNt$

did any 1 no around 30% of desis born n brot up outside india dun no d national anthem of r country?:mad:

2. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

err....dont know how many know this

Chess was invented in India

3. uj_6string

uj_6string Nickelodean Addict :D

some british historian said that many inventions that were thought were invented in europe.....were invented in indian centuries ago.......

4. sanju_strings

india and america is d only country which gets all da weather.....:rock:

5. shsnawada

shsnawada Cyborgs & Pasta

India has one of the worst musicians that the world can produce but also some of the opposite (notice SOME, i'm not saying that they ARE the best).

More of the worst though.

6. sanju_strings

indian army is wrlds 4 most biggest army...i din no this came 2 no recently

7. sanju_strings

indian army is wrlds 4 most biggest army...i din no this came 2 no recently:beer:

8. shsnawada

How is that something that we can remotely be proud of?

And it also just means that more people are there. Doesnt mean a better army.

9. shak

shak Harrr!

interesting stuff ...

10. Varshita

Varshita New Member

Ohk... heard a lot about north eastern Indian...
    so here is something about southern India

Did you know that Kerela is the state which comes out with maximum number of periodicals for public information?

11. sanju_strings

ya i no ... but i find r army bettr atlist they can shoot those terrorist right on ther head :) they rock i salute thm i av sum gud army frens ..........

n ya remember wen we sleep they protect r country....no nevr dare forget thm

12. Varshita

Varshita New Member

---The World's First Granite Temple is the Brihadeswara temple at Tanjavur in Tamil Nadu. The shikhara is made from a single ' 80-tonne ' piece of granite. Also, this magnificient temple was built in just five years, (between 1004 AD and 1009 AD) during the reign of Rajaraja Chola

---The largest employer in the world is the Indian railway system, employing over a million people !

---The Baily Bridge is the highest bridge in the world. It is located in the Ladakh valley between the Dras and Suru rivers in the Himalayan mountains. It was built by the Indian Army in August 1982

---The world's highest cricket ground is in Chail, Himachal Pradesh. Built in 1893 after levelling a hilltop, this cricket pitch is 2444 meters above sea level.

---India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history

---The four religions born in India, Hinduism, Buddhism, Jainism, and Sikhism, are followed by 25% of the world's population

....phew !! enough for today !!
    I guess the list can go on... and on...and on

shsnawada likes this.
  13. shsnawada

OK, i'll stop right there. I could write a whole goddamn book about that, but for the sake of IGT. I'll shut up except saying this: I DISAGREE WITH REASONS IN MY HEAD.

*plays stickcricket* https://www.stickcricket.com/game.php

14. Varshita

Varshita New Member

But seriously...
    I would also like to bring your attention to these shocking facts about india too...
    -- Only 5% of Indian households enjoy 24-hour electricity.
    -- Only 9% of Indian households have access to telephones.
    -- 60% Indian households have no gas connections
    -- 85% of Indian households do not have access to clean water
    -- 70% children in India are severely malnourished
    -- Only 51% Indians are literate. A person is termed as literate if he/she can read as well as write his/her name. The educational qualifications play no role to prove his/her literacy.

Now its been almost 58 yrs since india gained independence.... and yet we are far far away from providing these basic amenities to all Indians....till how many more future 5 year plans will the "Education for all" continue to be... it was supposed to be have done in 1970s itself....
    Why do we want to bask in glory of our historic past... lets face the present reality !!

15. shsnawada

I would assume most people who have 1-2 hour power cuts are not included (thats a massive number)
    Whats "clean water"? If its drinkable water out of one's taps, then i guess 15% of the people do have it
    When i was 12, they did call me severely malnourished. That was because i was about 175 cm and 40 kg. I was as normal physically as you could get. In India (like other tropical areas), you dont need much nourishment to stay alive and "be normal". In colder climates, you do need much more, and because all these standards are set up there, you cant apply that to india. Sure, some percentage of children (aswell as adults) are malnourished but nothing close to THAT much i'd say.
    As far as i remember, that statistic is from either 1991 or 95. Either way its pretty old.

And whats the past glory when all they talk about is kings and treasures and all that? Why dont we talk about Lalloo Prasad Yadav's might and glory now? :p:

16. alpha1

alpha1 I BLUES!

Hmm,
    just shows that we Indians have been complacent and non-agressive for centuries.

Damn, its in our blood: to be servants.

17. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

That's not as bad a thing as you make it out to be.

18. abhijitnath

abhijitnath Fighting GAS frantically

He he..too true. I remember this insane guy in my college who could play the Sweet Child of Mine solo behind his back.
    BTW I'm from Assam as well..at least my village is there even though my parents speak Bengali.
    Just one question (not trying to get into a fight)- Through my three years in Delhi Univ, I tried to make friends with a lot of people from the North-East and find out more about them, but they invariably preferred to stay only among themselves and were extremely aloof. I understand a lot of it could be because they've faced so many bad experiences and treated as outsiders in Delhi/Mumbai/any other city, but if someone tries to reach out? Are there solutions?

19. bjr

bjr Lady of the Evening

shsnawada likes this.
  20. the_wizard

the_wizard Omega == God

Ill tell u an Interesting story when we meet the next time :)

India has the world's largest railway platform in Kharagpur city :grin: