we dont need no education?????????

Discussion in 'The ChitChat Lounge' started by taxyse, Aug 1, 2005.

1. deathdr_87

deathdr_87 Awesome Guitarist

@taxyse: change ur sig to somebody kill me i dont want to COMMIT suicide.
    suicide is a noun not a verb - sorry for nitpicking...

2. dlogic

dlogic Zuitarist

^^^^some good gyan...taxyse...do something

3. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

whats wrong with that?!if we take it in actual english, then we DONT need NO edu means that we do need edu!but edu as we know ruins us!

4. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

this is turning out to be English 101 ...

5. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

^^^yeah lol

6. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

sorry mate ... in English 101 u wont say "yeah LOL" ...

u should say ... "yes/affirmative, I am laughing my heart out ..." ...

:grin:

7. rocking_devil

rocking_devil Banned

SORRY MATE IN ENGLISH 101 WE DONT HAVE SMILIES. U MUST SAY : g r i n :

8. ssslayer

ssslayer Banned

heo ha ha ha ...

very true ...

9. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

nice bend to the thread........
    @deathdr- i knew that mistake...but it looked alright this way too.....the correct thing took the punch out of the message.....wasnt lookin cool at all....

10. mrfreeze

mrfreeze The coolest one!!!

hey man......education is necessary......maybe not in the way it is given to us in our

schools.....but it is a must.............i mean i myself hate school but then i know its a

must........think of it, if u had no education at ALL and you managed to become some big rock star, you would surely give some hilarious interviews........

btw......i love dat song 'we dont need no education'

11. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

"The only thing interfering with my learning........ is my education" - Albert Einstein

12. kaiser

kaiser Bored

dont give up education, give up formal education. give up the education that demands that you stop thinking and do what the system says you should.

dont do stuff that'll be your back up plan in case you're headin for music and fear that youll bomb. you're wasting your time. go practice playing. dont go for engineering or medical or do a halfass mba just cuz ur parents want you to, or cuz its respectable in the society or cuz ull get a decent job, cuz it'll look good in your matrimonial. do it only if u'r passionate about it. a school or college is just a place of learning, that's it. its not meant to define who u are. unfortunately the system's gone awry and this is what it does. kill the individual and produce a pulp of common opinions: YOU. with no mind of your own. you can learn outside school too. the fact you're considered a failure shows how farcical people are.

most of the posts so far are by people who've accepted their fate. or dont dare to do what's against the society. not that im a superhero. but i dont take the beaten path. and many others here on igt do so too. however, the majority is fatalistic. they do whats 'supposed' to be right.

why do it? just so that u secure your life? manage a decent income? that's what everyone does. we all worry about money. but then, why kill your self for dough?
    you let your life be defined by the current status or demand of the economy. you become a victim of economics. you become just another brick in the wall.

what do most people do? study, get a degree, get a job, get married, have children, build a decent house, get old, die. everybody does that. you wanna do that?

and why diffrentiate between music and education? isnt music a thing to learn? is it a joke to be a musician? whats wrong if u dedicate your life to music? your parents cringe when u talk about taking up guitaring as a career. they're scared. they think you'll bomb and end up penniless. they fear for you more than encourage you to take up something unconventional. they make you a victim of the society, the circus of the world. heard of parents who said 'oh son, you wanna take up mountaineering? sure!' 'u wanna be a skateboarder? go ahead!'
    never. their fear or old fashioned, orthodox views ruin your life.

just let go. be a bum, a vagabond.....play the guitar. risk it. dont make it just a hobby. if ur good, take it up man. you might not make it big, but you wont die of starvation either. you might not make pots of money, but hell. youll be doing what you love doing. you'll be you. youll be at peace with yourself. the biggest achievement in life. that's true success.

now cmon....lemme hear you play.

13. real_illusions

real_illusions Clapton Is GOD

That's my kinda advice. Give up evrything you don't wanna do and do what you want all the time.

14. taxyse

taxyse t3h.

@kaiser-......man i will still say what i always say........he he....try and put some of that in me when we meet next....
    seriously....everybody is right i guess....i GOT to have education.....theres no choice there....whatever i do in studies....( i said whatever)..i think is necessary...!!

(and by the way...MR.FREEZE........me and KAISER are from JAIPUR too.....!!!!!!!!!)